Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

UAE Consumer Rights

UAE Consumer Rights

Old Apr 26th 2016, 4:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UAE Consumer Rights

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
I wont. Bad bad experience with them every time I tried them. Just a week ago I decided to order a Dell XPS 15 i7 which no one had but it was showing as 2 qty available on their site. I took the time out to ask them bluntly that 'DO YOU HAVE IT IN STOCK?" answer yes sir and 2 days delivery sirrrrrr.
After the order was processed, sir sorry sir 5 days delivery and after 7 days, sir sorry sir, order canceled sir, no stock sirrrrr.

The thing is, if souq itself is selling it then maybe you are in safer waters, but if it is being sold by Mr. xyz sitting in sandy dunes AlAin then he is just spending the whole day giving himself reviews and boosting his shop upwards in the ranking.

Btw brains, how large is that LG? I have a fairly decent TV repair guy down the street for me
buy from dod_uae
Old Apr 27th 2016, 4:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
I wont. Bad bad experience with them every time I tried them.
Hit and miss. The one that Millhouse recommends (dod) are quite good.

Gamble every time with that site though.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 7:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Hit and miss. The one that Millhouse recommends (dod) are quite good.

Gamble every time with that site though.
Interesting. I've used them loads and returned stuff a few times. Never had a problem.

In all transparency, I am a shareholder, know the CEO and have been to their warehouses several times.

Dod_UAE is actually souq. The others are marketplace.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 10:57 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Consumer rights, good one. A colleague bought an Audi A1 from a used car dealer. When he took it to Audi for a minor repair he found out it had been a write-off and had been clocked (a lot). He tried to use consumer rights regulations but was basically told to forget it.
He didn't get it from Al Awir, did he? That place is full of rebuilt write-offs, and they're shameless when confronted. I knew someone who was looking at something there, put down a deposit, then - sensibly - went to the main dealer to run the VIN... guess what, it turned out to be a clocked write-off. Fortunately he got his deposit back, but they didn't make it easy for him, and they basically said "So what?" when presented with proof of the car's history.
Old Apr 30th 2016, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Incase anyone is intereated, after sending Lulu an email about this, pointing out my consumer rights and mentioning the DED several times, a rather helpful chap from Lulu has called and asked to collect the TV as they are working with LG to resolve my issue. I told him it was already with them and gave him a copy of the estimate.

Certainly not resolved yet, but better than what I expected (to be told piss off it's out of warranty).

Anyhoo, promised a call tomorrow with their solution, so let's see!
Old May 1st 2016, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

TV is being repaired FOC

Happy Days!
Old May 1st 2016, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
TV is being repaired FOC

Happy Days!
Good stuff. Now don't drop a cuppa down the back of this one!
Old May 1st 2016, 9:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well done Brains. I would have bet against you on this!
Old May 1st 2016, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

It was LG that called to say it was going to be FOC after discussion with their management, haven't heard back from Lulu at all. Not that I'm fussed, as long as one of them are paying, that'll do for me!
Old May 2nd 2016, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

WowEyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Great stuff - the kind of stories that warms your hearts and well... other body parts too