Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Tips for a weekend escape to Bahrain (from Riyadh)

Tips for a weekend escape to Bahrain (from Riyadh)

Old Sep 27th 2011, 6:42 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tips for a weekend escape to Bahrain (from Riyadh)

Originally Posted by markinbahrain
Originally Posted by Norsk by the way my new place has a pool and a private beach with a licensed bar....

Thanks for that Norsk, I can imagine you sitting on the beach on a Saturday afternoon eating your brown cheese and frozen pizza
hahaha..you clearly know norwegians better than most!

i actually have a craving for the brown (and sweet) goat cheese now. i haven't had any in at least 2 years..i wonder if there is anywhere in dubai that stocks it. somehow i doubt it
Old Sep 27th 2011, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

markinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nice

Originally Posted by norsk
hahaha..you clearly know norwegians better than most!

i actually have a craving for the brown (and sweet) goat cheese now. i haven't had any in at least 2 years..i wonder if there is anywhere in dubai that stocks it. somehow i doubt it
I spent 18 months in my younger days with a gorgeous norwegian girl whom taught me a thing or two.....but I could never get my head around her having lunch at 11am Oh and she never seemed to know the difference between AM and PM
Old Sep 27th 2011, 7:15 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

I spent 18 months in my younger days with a gorgeous norwegian girl whom taught me a thing or two.....but I could never get my head around her having lunch at 11am Oh and she never seemed to know the difference between AM and PM
a good experience all in all i'm sure..

i miss the early lunch. i never have breakfast so i'm absolutely hank marvin by 1pm! yeah but this am/pm business is just confusing and stupid. especially the switchovers..
Old Sep 27th 2011, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

but this am/pm business is just confusing and stupid. especially the switchovers..
Isn't it something to do with being daylight at 10pm in the summer and darkness at 3pm in the winter. Getting used to all that even in Aberdeen was weird enough.
Old Sep 27th 2011, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

El-Aurens is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=norsk;9641450]

hahaha..i know loads of people who go there regularly and i've never heard anyone say anything of the sort. now i'm going to ask them though, but to be honest i reckon it might just be a case of El-Aurens reading too much into the situation..

still funny though..
Well...at least you realise there is 'a siutation'! Take a better look round next time, not too close mind or you might get find yourself IN the siutation. There were 20 dudes at the pool bar and 2 stunning girls rock up and not a glance. One guy strutting his stuff up and down the beach. Yes the beach, all 15m of it. And have a listen to what the DJ plays. The final straw for me was must have been some kind of a gay techno anthem with a unmistakable repetitive "###k a man". Sorry to spoil it for you. As they say ignorance is bliss.
Old Sep 27th 2011, 6:46 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

Well...at least you realise there is 'a siutation'! Take a better look round next time, not too close mind or you might get find yourself IN the siutation. There were 20 dudes at the pool bar and 2 stunning girls rock up and not a glance. One guy strutting his stuff up and down the beach. Yes the beach, all 15m of it. And have a listen to what the DJ plays. The final straw for me was must have been some kind of a gay techno anthem with a unmistakable repetitive "###k a man". Sorry to spoil it for you. As they say ignorance is bliss.
so why didn't you just focus on the 2 stunning girls and ignore the gays?