Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Are there any teachers out there

Are there any teachers out there

Old Mar 6th 2008, 1:46 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are there any teachers out there

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Try DC. They had a vacancy for GCSE English a few weeks back, someone I know was offered it but didn't want it (chose maternity over career; DC is a nice college to work at...)
great College
Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

Fly Fish is an unknown quantity at this point

Try DC. They had a vacancy for GCSE English a few weeks back, someone I know was offered it but didn't want it (chose maternity over career; DC is a nice college to work at...)
Thanks - I just looked up the place. Going to apply! It looks really good. Do you know anything about the college and teaching staff?
Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Fish
Thanks - I just looked up the place. Going to apply! It looks really good. Do you know anything about the college and teaching staff?
Send me a PM, can put you in touch with some people there.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 4:32 pm
Shazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

shazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to all

Hey fly fish.... don't worry, I am in the same boat as U!

Shud be moving out to Dubai in May and so am verrrry busy trying to find a job before I move there but not having much luck at the moment.

Have applied to one over 2 weeks ago and havent heard anything back yet and applied to 2 more a few days ago. I am a primary teacher and like u always heard people say there are loads of jobs around but cant seem to see many. It's bloody stressing me outtttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt and its not helping that im teaching here right now whilst looking for jobs on top of that! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! If u get any joy on finding good websites then plzzz let me know too
Old Mar 6th 2008, 6:03 pm
Shazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

shazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to all

I'm filling out the GEMS online application.... has anyone filled one in?? If so, the last piece of information required,the statement, did anyone write it in the form of a letter or as a normal statement without ur address written on there etc.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

Hey Shazia,
I filled in the GEMS application today as well, I filled the final bit as a personal statement rather than a letter of application with address and so forth. I hope you find something in primary. I'll keep you posted if I see anything.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

Send me a PM, can put you in touch with some people there.
That would be soooo helpful, I'll send you my PM but I don't know what one is...
Oh..you mean a personal message?

Last edited by Fly Fish; Mar 6th 2008 at 10:25 pm.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 10:23 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

So, when does everything just land on your plate?.............
Old Mar 7th 2008, 6:41 am
Just Luvin it!!!

PuRe is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a teacher, we came out last August and we are enjoying our new experiences.

There maybe alot of jobs out there but the issue is that you have to becareful of which schools - reference tes website.

Old Mar 7th 2008, 7:05 am
Just Joined

skyvan is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife and I are arriving in April, she is a teacher. When I came out in December for my job interview she took the opportunity to visit a number of schools, and drop off her CV.

Once we heard that I had a job, she started to contact the schools, but there was not a lot of interest

Only once we started to look for places for our kids did a job offer come in.

There appears (don't know if the feeling is accurate) to be a keenness to employ people who will not require school accommodation, iow, because housing is so difficult/expensive, the schools are very happy to employ once you are in Dubai and living in your spouse's accom.

Good luck, it has been very frustrating trying to get her a job, but she now has a good one (pays similar to my salary )so we are really pleased.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 9:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shazia710
Hey fly fish.... don't worry, I am in the same boat as U!

Shud be moving out to Dubai in May and so am verrrry busy trying to find a job before I move there but not having much luck at the moment.

Have applied to one over 2 weeks ago and havent heard anything back yet and applied to 2 more a few days ago. I am a primary teacher and like u always heard people say there are loads of jobs around but cant seem to see many. It's bloody stressing me outtttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt and its not helping that im teaching here right now whilst looking for jobs on top of that! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! If u get any joy on finding good websites then plzzz let me know too
Hi Shazia,
There are primary jobs at Jumeriah Primary School advertised in the TES today
Old Mar 7th 2008, 10:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PuRe
I am a teacher, we came out last August and we are enjoying our new experiences.

There maybe alot of jobs out there but the issue is that you have to becareful of which schools - reference tes website.

Are there any schools to avoid?
Old Mar 7th 2008, 5:43 pm
Just Luvin it!!!

yes there are certainly... search for league tables that will show you a list it is slightly out dated as it does not have Repton but that would be a division one school based on rep and teacher package as well as resources available etc. ref: tes website
Old Mar 7th 2008, 7:05 pm
what 2 do 2 get 4 stars?

Location: Originally Cornwall, 12 years in the Middle East, NSW now
sinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Repton apparently pays well but that is due to the extortionate fees they charge the parents, had a fight on EW about this today
AGAIN! LOL
Old Mar 7th 2008, 7:30 pm
Just Luvin it!!!

Originally Posted by sinderelle
AGAIN! LOL
aww not with me she wont... maybe someone braver

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.