Reload this Page >

Spouses getting work visas?

Spouses getting work visas?

Old Jun 17th 2003, 9:36 am
Just Joined

KatyMG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouses getting work visas?

Hi everyone,

My husband may be up for a job move to Dubai and I was wondering how easy/difficult it's going to be for me to get a work visa too (not that I wouldn't mind becoming a lady of leisure!).

I work in marketing and would probably look for work in a marketing agency.

Any other advise about relocating would much appreciated. We will have our accommodation paid for but I have no idea which area this will be in or indeed where would be a good area to live.

Many thanks,

Katy
Old Jun 21st 2003, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

financeconsult is an unknown quantity at this point

HI KATY
THE PROCESS IS VERY SIMPLE...SHOULD YOU DECIDE TO WORK YOUR EMPLOYER WILL AUTOMATICALLY SPONSOR YOU AND PROVIDE A WORK VISA..............BY LAW AN EMPLOYER CANNOT EMPLOY A PERSON WITHOU DOING THIS BUT IN SOME CASES YOU MAY REMEIN ON YOUR HUSBANDS VISA...............WILL GIVE MORE DETAILS IF YOU REQUIRE
REGRDS STEPHEN
Old Jun 23rd 2003, 9:18 am
Just Joined

KatyMG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dubai Work Visas

Hi Stephen

Thanks very much for your reply. Having looked into this further, it looks like it would be better to have my husband sponsor me instead of an employer...something to do with avoiding a ban if I leave my job. I don't know if this works in reality though!

If you know anything about this ban thing I'd appreciate hearing from you.

With many thanks,

Katy
Old Jun 23rd 2003, 9:53 am
Just Joined

financeconsult is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by financeconsult
HI KATY
THE PROCESS IS VERY SIMPLE...SHOULD YOU DECIDE TO WORK YOUR EMPLOYER WILL AUTOMATICALLY SPONSOR YOU AND PROVIDE A WORK VISA..............BY LAW AN EMPLOYER CANNOT EMPLOY A PERSON WITHOU DOING THIS BUT IN SOME CASES YOU MAY REMEIN ON YOUR HUSBANDS VISA...............WILL GIVE MORE DETAILS IF YOU REQUIRE
REGRDS STEPHEN
Hi again
It happens regularly that a sponsor will put a ban in the persons passport of either 6 or 12 months but this is only a ban relative to working......................not on having to leave the country!! Some catogries of jobs are not able to be banned..............engineers, doctors...accountants...management positions etc etc.........should you work for a european, british or multinational company it would be ok generally to be on their sponsorship.............will try to get you a minisrty of labour web site address.it may have some more details on it re this subject.Neeed any more and let me know...............in the meanwhile
kind regards Stephen