Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Spouse sponsorship visa

Spouse sponsorship visa

Old Aug 14th 2014, 10:14 am
Just Joined

Londoner123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse sponsorship visa

Thanks all - Bluelionnesse - was your friend not able to work for a few months until her residency visa was sorted out by her employer?

Also, how much approx does it cost employers to sort out a residency visa if I rely on this option (rather than sort out my spouse visa.

Can't get married again in UK as husband is already in UAE working!

Thanks so much.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

No she couldn't - it is illegal to work on a tourist visa.

Residency visa - think it is 5000aed for 2 years possibly with deposit. Plus they need to provide healthcare package plus a flight home every 2 years.

Why don't you come out here for a week and get married at the uk embassy?
Old Aug 14th 2014, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

What line of work are you looking for? Are you a degree holder?
Old Aug 14th 2014, 10:48 am
Just Joined

Hi Bluelionness, thanks so much for your responses.

Ah I didn't know you could get married at the UK embassy out there; sounds like this could be an option - would this give me a UK marriage certificate and presumably I would still need to get this attested once I'm out there for my spouse visa?

Yes I'm looking for work in urban planning / related areas in property/real estate. if you know of any firms recruiting please let me know!!
Old Aug 14th 2014, 10:48 am
Just Joined

Yes I do hold a degree (two actually; a BA and a MA from UK universities)
Old Aug 14th 2014, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Londoner123
Yes I do hold a degree (two actually; a BA and a MA from UK universities)
Get them attested too!

Real estate is a highly competitive business and the process of leasing apartments and villas is not like anything you will have encountered in the west.
If you haven't done so already do some research on this forum and others to see how it differs and to minimise the shock when you arrive.

With two degrees, urban planning might offer you more hope of a decent paying job if you've got experience - get yourself onto linkedin and see if you can touch base with those already here. Contacts are EVERYTHING out here. Sorry can't help you with this, but if you ever want to go traipsing across the desert then I am your "man"!