Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Sponsor for Parent to Live in Qatar

Sponsor for Parent to Live in Qatar

Old Dec 18th 2014, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

qatarliving is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsor for Parent to Live in Qatar

Can anyone please shed some light and experience in terms of sponsoring parents to live or visit in Qatar. Would anyone guide as to how complicate the process is and is there any health insurance available for parents (senior Citizens) while in Qatar. Any experience is greatly appreciated.
Thank You.
POB.
Old Dec 21st 2014, 7:23 am
"The Seeker"

Leannmean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sponsor for Parent to Live in Qatar

I think if they are USNs , the won't need a visit visa , they would just stamp their passports at the airport and thats it .
you should notify your " sponsor" about that , since you're working over there , I think you can brink your parents too ,
as long as you're there they'll be able to be in the country providing the "sponsor" approves
Old Dec 22nd 2014, 2:18 am
Just Joined

Leannmean, Thanks for your feedback. My constraint is that even though me & my family (wife & kids) are all US Citizens but my mother (widow) is a Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder) of US and even though she has completed the US Residency requirement she woul not be able to obtain the Qatar Visa on arrival. Therefore I would greatly appreciate if you could share any experience or information to sponsor parent either on a temporary or permanent visa. My mother could stay with my sister in US while I would figure it outin Qatar but would greatly appreciate any information beforehand.
Thanks Indeed.
Old Dec 22nd 2014, 8:34 am
"The Seeker"

Leannmean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by qatarliving
Leannmean, Thanks for your feedback. My constraint is that even though me & my family (wife & kids) are all US Citizens but my mother (widow) is a Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder) of US and even though she has completed the US Residency requirement she woul not be able to obtain the Qatar Visa on arrival. Therefore I would greatly appreciate if you could share any experience or information to sponsor parent either on a temporary or permanent visa. My mother could stay with my sister in US while I would figure it outin Qatar but would greatly appreciate any information beforehand.
Thanks Indeed.
What kind of a passport she holds if I may ask ?
Old Dec 26th 2014, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

Leannmean
My mother has Pakistan Passport with USA Green Card.
Old Dec 29th 2014, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

It's very very difficult to sponsor parents here , not impossible but very difficult . Passport denomination and sponsor influence is critical to achieving what you require .
Old Dec 30th 2014, 12:36 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any personal experience or knowledge of someone actually went through the process and attain parent sponsorship. I know that one can sponsor an immediate family member but it is for a very limited stay and might not be able to be repeated.
I would greatly appreciate if someone could share their experience.
Old Dec 30th 2014, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by qatarliving
Thanks for the reply. Do you have any personal experience or knowledge of someone actually went through the process and attain parent sponsorship. I know that one can sponsor an immediate family member but it is for a very limited stay and might not be able to be repeated.
I would greatly appreciate if someone could share their experience.
I know of a British National who was refused sponsorship for his wifes mother who was also a British National . His prospective company tried and failed and that led to him relinquishing his position in Qatar .

He had his Mother In Law sponsored in Dubai on his last project but failed to do it here in Doha .

As i said earlier it is very very difficult and even more difficult if it's a denomination of passport that doesn't sit high regard with the Qatari immigration department . Some residence visas and temporary business visas are now almost impossible to get here for some nationalities as there's a restriction from the authorities .

Syrian / Yemeni and Pakistani visas are very difficult to get and have been for a long while , that's not to say it can't be done , it boils down to who you know and who can open the correct doors for you here in Qatar.

Good Luck
Old Jan 1st 2015, 6:12 am
Just Joined

cdn3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by co durham boy
I know of a British National who was refused sponsorship for his wifes mother who was also a British National . His prospective company tried and failed and that led to him relinquishing his position in Qatar .

He had his Mother In Law sponsored in Dubai on his last project but failed to do it here in Doha .

As i said earlier it is very very difficult and even more difficult if it's a denomination of passport that doesn't sit high regard with the Qatari immigration department . Some residence visas and temporary business visas are now almost impossible to get here for some nationalities as there's a restriction from the authorities .

Syrian / Yemeni and Pakistani visas are very difficult to get and have been for a long while , that's not to say it can't be done , it boils down to who you know and who can open the correct doors for you here in Qatar.

Good Luck
Visa's for Pakistani's are extremely hard to get, this is what I keep hearing from everyone around me. Syrian and Yemeni have been processed due to sponsor influence, I haven't been here long and I've seen it.
Old Jan 1st 2015, 11:30 am
Just Joined

Scotsgirly is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I am not there in Doha yet but do know of a Pakistani Doctor who has sponsored his mother (she also has a Pakistani Passport). Apparently, he has been working in Doha for around 3 years. So it can Happen.
Best of luck.
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

cdn3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have asked about your situation and it turns out if you have a good salary (read: over 20,000) and have a good position than you will have no issues.

This is what I was told:

After you arrive and get your RP sorted out bring her over on a Family Visit Visa, this will give her six months. While she is here you begin the process of sponsoring her.

Just thought I would pitch in, this may or may not be accurate take it for what it is.