Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

shipping-what to ship?

shipping-what to ship?

Old Jul 7th 2014, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all
Default Re: shipping-what to ship?

Originally Posted by driftingaway
Are they likely to go through a hard drive if I ship it? I am a photographer and want to take my photos with me, I have thousands of photos (weddings, personal photos etc)... would it be better to stick it all on Google Drive and access it (via VPN if required) when I get there?
I have been carrying external hard drives in my suitcase and in my hand baggage, including in and out of Qatar, Oman, KSA, Kuwait, Yemen, for the past 10 years without ever being stopped anywhere.
Just copy your photos onto an external drive and stick it in your case or hand baggage. It is no big deal.

I recommend that you subscribe to a VPN service anyway.
Old Jul 8th 2014, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

pomomp is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I've got a PS4 that I want to bring over to Abu Dhabi, is it ok to put it in my suitcase? Or should I ship it?

Or would I be better off buying another one here?(Id rather not do that)?
Old Jul 8th 2014, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

driftingaway is an unknown quantity at this point

Probably fine in your suitcase. I'm shipping my PS3, and buying a PS4 out there once I finish all the games I'm half way through...
Old Jul 14th 2014, 6:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pomomp
Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I've got a PS4 that I want to bring over to Abu Dhabi, is it ok to put it in my suitcase? Or should I ship it?

Or would I be better off buying another one here?(Id rather not do that)?
Take it on as hand luggage if you are that bothered. We did that with the xbox
Old Jul 14th 2014, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

pomomp is an unknown quantity at this point

It'll have to go in my suitcase I think. I've got a laptop to take over too, hoping that would cause any issues as I need it for work.

Ta