Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Shipping - UpakWeShip

Shipping - UpakWeShip

Old Jan 12th 2004, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Jezza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping - UpakWeShip

I recently discovered a company (US based but with an office in UK also) who provide a service based on them delivering a container and you packing it. They then ship and deliver.

Based on the website (www.upakweship.com or upakweship.co.uk), they state they are able to save significant money by eliminating the expensive removal companies we all tend to use.

I'm still waiting for a quote which I hope will save me buckets. As most of my belongings are still packed from my move back to France, I didn't want a removal company to re-pack it all again and then charge me for doing it.

Has anyone used them yet for a move to Dubai?
Old Jan 13th 2004, 12:50 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

You may save on the packing but you'll get shafted on insurance. even if any company does insure you, the rpemium will be high and the claim very tough. I freelance for an international relocations company and asked the big guy, so trust me on this. Many people shun insurance and regret it later when mildew sets in, something gets damaged, delays incurred etc.
In Dubai you can get cheap labour, just drive up to the truck stops in Bur Dubai etc and you will be inundated with Pakistanis offering services- they're pretty good too.