Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Shipping a car from Doha to AD

Shipping a car from Doha to AD

Old Nov 8th 2015, 11:10 am

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shipping a car from Doha to AD

Possible move from Doha to AD at short notice on the cards. Only just bought a new X5 and LR4 before I knew of this chance so dont really want to sell them and lose a sh*t load.

Any idea how much to a re register/transport through one of the shipping companies would be as I dont think I could live through the admin process for two cars! New company will probably pay just need an idea of how much.
Old Nov 9th 2015, 11:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Shipping a car from Doha to AD

Originally Posted by P18PPS
Possible move from Doha to AD at short notice on the cards. Only just bought a new X5 and LR4 before I knew of this chance so dont really want to sell them and lose a sh*t load.

Any idea how much to a re register/transport through one of the shipping companies would be as I dont think I could live through the admin process for two cars! New company will probably pay just need an idea of how much.
Not done it but I think it's a pain and might involve trips back and forth. I will ask the guy I know who's done it.
Old Nov 10th 2015, 11:24 am

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.

Been quoted QAR6k each car to be transported by road and covers taxes and transport costs but I will have to re register in AD. To put on a boat will be QAR17k. By road seems very reasonable if it does in fact include the taxes!
Old Nov 10th 2015, 11:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Thanks.

Been quoted QAR6k each car to be transported by road and covers taxes and transport costs but I will have to re register in AD. To put on a boat will be QAR17k. By road seems very reasonable if it does in fact include the taxes!
I completely forgot yesterday. Just asked my mate now.
Old Nov 10th 2015, 11:48 am
Account Closed

Thanks.

Says he paid 3k-ish. Also gave the guy at the export outfit 500 to lower the car value on the forms so no import tax. Said he thinks it was about 3%? Took two weeks on the back of a low loader.
Old Nov 11th 2015, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

if you get your documentation done correctly, there shouldn't be any duty paid. The GCC, very much like Europe, if duty is paid in one state, then it is considered paid in every state. Although they do make it a bit more difficult here.

Doha to Abu Dhabi - Door to Door inside a 40' DV - shouldn't cost anywhere near 17k QAR. Shouldn't even cost half of that.

3k for roadfreight sounds about right. If you were in no rush, you should be able to get that down even further.