Saudi work visa

Old Jan 17th 2018, 6:34 am
Just Joined

Abuayesha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Saudi work visa

Originally Posted by captainjack
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but its going to take a miracle if you have a conviction on your record to be accepted by the Saudis - they ask for this report specifically for this purpose.

I think you're really hoping they will choose to ignore any convictions on the report but this is why they are asking for it - to see if any exist and then exclude/reject with extreme prejudice.

I really wish it wasnt the case but all those sand storms out there have blinded the Arabs
It was a caution and my friends only took a few drinks from tesco.

Anyways i want to know if anyone had any similar experiences and still got a work visa or been rejected.
Old Aug 27th 2018, 12:25 am
Just Joined

Welsh boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone provide an update on this please? Will the Saudi work permit be given for a police caution served 5 years ago? A caution is after all not a conviction, rather an admission for a 'lesser' offence...so will they be more lenient if the details of the offence is clearly stated?
Old Sep 2nd 2018, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

FriendlyExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Welsh boy
Can anyone provide an update on this please? Will the Saudi work permit be given for a police caution served 5 years ago? A caution is after all not a conviction, rather an admission for a 'lesser' offence...so will they be more lenient if the details of the offence is clearly stated?
It can go either way I suspect, depending on what the caution was for, how much wasta (influence) your employer has, how much they want you (=how much effort they're willing to put in) and the mood of the official who reviews the application. Good luck! And if possible try to keep your options open until you know for sure what will happen.
Old Sep 12th 2018, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

Welsh boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RT21
Hi all, I was hoping someone could help me with advice in regards my chances of getting visa approval for KSA please.

I have accepted an offer of employment in Riyadh due to start in a month's time. I have started the visa process and have been told all documents needed and process however I have come across what could be a big issue. I knew I would need a police report and thought nothing of it at the time as have had nothing apart from a driving conviction 20 years ago. However after looking into this, I am told I need an ACRO police certificate and this will show 'no live trace' as this conviction was from a long time ago, but then the Saudi embassy would ask for a full subject access to show details of the past conviction. The actual conviction was for driving under the influence of alcohol where I was given a 1 year driving ban and a fine. Obviously I'm not proud of this and was a stupid decision at the time and have never done again. This is recorded as a conviction which will stay on my police record for life, even though now is spent under UK law as I said was 20 years ago. So I am wondering if this will be rejected for a work visa by the Saudi Embassy. Does anyone have any knowledge or advice on this please?

I was wondering if it will not be accepted, is there any option of getting a different visa where the ACRO certificate is not required and then getting this converted to a work visa when I am there.
Any advice or help will be really appreciated, I'm very much starting to think that I won't be able to go.

Thanks very much.
Hi RT21, could you give us an update on this? How did you get on? What did the embassy ask for and did you have to give them a statement of what happened? If possible, can we chat directly on messaging if you like? Thank you