Reload this Page >

Salary Negotiating: Expat in Kuwait

Salary Negotiating: Expat in Kuwait

Old Mar 18th 2017, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

melissafitness is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Salary Negotiating: Expat in Kuwait

Hello!

I was wondering what is the standard way of offering a relocation package for roles in Kuwait.

At the moment I am figuring out my expenses but would I ask for a salary which covers all of that or a salary + acoomodation/ insurance/ car/ school fees etc?

Thanks!
Old Mar 19th 2017, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Salary Negotiating: Expat in Kuwait

Accomodation - It would be myself and two children (boy and girl) - Depends on where your location of work but approx. 500KD per month for an apartment is a good place to start. This should be included in your salary.

Utilities - usually provided in some accommodation but no more than 100KD per annuam

Car - A decent second hand SUV will start north of 5000KD (check out q8cars.com)

School Fees and additional expenses - Rugrats are usually expensive hobby - friends tell me of paying upto 4000 KD per annum per rugrat - a portion of this should come from the job

Leisure and lifestyle - I would probably estimate around 500KD for food, entertainment, shopping

Medical insurance - Should be covered by your company ideally a Gold BUPA or similar (do not rely on public hospitals!)

All the above can be scaled up or down depending on salaries/allowances

Hope it helps
Old Mar 19th 2017, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

Taz786 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Salary Negotiating: Expat in Kuwait

When I worked in Kuwait, they offered a salary which was broken into 3 components:-
1. Basic (65%)
2. Housing (25%)
3. Car (10%)
+ medical insurance, free flight home, visa costs, etc - The usual

The company didn't care about the costs and whether you spend less or more than the allocation. Purpose of the split was due to the fact they didn't want to pay bonus or end of service annuity on the housing or car allowance.

Look at the total package and make a decision. Ways to negotiate is increasing your basic proposition or your bonus %.

Also ensure you are making sufficient savings to compromise relocating. I generally try and save 40-50% off my salary but different people have different expenses, etc.

Good luck!