Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Riyadh Village (and others) - any good??

Riyadh Village (and others) - any good??

Old Aug 11th 2016, 9:33 am
Just Joined

Warwick lad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Riyadh Village (and others) - any good??

Hi everyone

Sorry for the mundane questions, I know there have been a lot of queries about compounds and prices. There seems to be availability around my budget at Riyadh Village, but I don't see much about it on the forums. Anybody know anything about it??

Any other recommendations?

Feeling a bit lost here
Old Sep 1st 2016, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

Sandbaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Riyadh Village (and others) - any good??

Originally Posted by Garry Mackender
spam
Hi Garry

I'm arriving on th 02 sept, how can I contact you before I leave, looking for the same

Regards

Last edited by Bob; Sep 1st 2016 at 9:00 pm.
Old Sep 4th 2016, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

I went to look at Riyadh Village a few years ago, haven't seen it recently. It's basic accommodation, quite an old compound now that's been 'refurbed'.

What's your budget?

From what I remember, it's off Khurias Road somewhere, so unless your working in the same area, might be bit of a pain to get to / from on a daily basis. What's your work location?
Old Sep 4th 2016, 7:05 am
Just Joined

Hi There

Thanks for the info, I will be working near the prince sultan university, not sure on locations so far and how far it is. I have a budget of 3000 Sar pm , however would consider sharing as well to be closer to work.

Thanks again ,it's a very daunting task been my first time.

Regards
Old Sep 4th 2016, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

To be blunt, that's quite a low budget for Compound accommodation. They do tend to be pricey. Some compounds don't like their accommodation to be shared, it's down to the rules of the specific compound.

To live off compound, you'd be able to get a decent sized 2 bed apartment, with some basic furniture - but then that a whole new ball game.

From what I remember of RV, it's basically quite an old compound, I think it was Siemens compound many years ago, and tend to be bungalows. Basic and furnished with Ikea type stuff. If you can afford it, it would be a good price for compound living.

You might also want to consider a serviced apartment, that might be do-able on your budget. Not compound living, but should be decent enough to get you up and running til you settle in.
Old Sep 4th 2016, 8:07 am
Just Joined

Thanks, thought as much , guess I gave a month to find my feet as accom is provided for for the first month and without an allowance, thanks so much for info