Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Riyadh internet providers

Riyadh internet providers

Old Mar 31st 2013, 11:17 am
Just Joined

Servalan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Riyadh internet providers

We are currently lucky enough to have fibre optic cable on our compound, but are moving to an area where this is not available yet. What are the alternatives?I have heard bad things about bandwidth and hubbie is desperate to watch football and BBC iplayer. Is it hopeless?
Old Mar 31st 2013, 11:32 am
It's not going to fit..

Bored_in_Riyadh is just really niceBored_in_Riyadh is just really niceBored_in_Riyadh is just really niceBored_in_Riyadh is just really niceBored_in_Riyadh is just really niceBored_in_Riyadh is just really niceBored_in_Riyadh is just really niceBored_in_Riyadh is just really nice
Default Re: Riyadh internet providers

Hi there, I'm using a fibre optic service as well but before that I had a mobile wifi subscription with GO (basically a sim card in a wireless router). Depending on whereabouts you will be living can have a big impact on your bandwidth especially at weekends when there is heavy traffic.
Mobily and STC offer the same, best course of action is to speak to residents where you will be moving to and see what works best for them ( they will have gone through the trial and error process already).

Old Apr 2nd 2013, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

M.ZIZO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Riyadh internet providers

try Dsl from stc it's not bad but better then broadband the speed is constant compare to broadband differ from time to time