Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Middle East

Old Oct 25th 2017, 12:29 pm   #31
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: renew the UK driving licence

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimjhuk View Post
I just want to renew the licence in order to keep it validate so I can use it when I return back home. I do not want to go through the all the test if it's expired. I do not intend to rent a car using the uk licence.
Well live a little dangerously, just give your parents address on the forms (or a mates house), they never check!!!
Dubaiexile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th 2017, 3:05 pm   #32
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubaiexile View Post
Well live a little dangerously, just give your parents address on the forms (or a mates house), they never check!!!
Whats the point though? A foreign licence works just the same, in fact is actually easier as they don't need to confirm your address via the electoral roll and you may (unconfirmed) manage to swerve some speeding fines.

So for me I don't know why you would want to risk potentially getting stung for the replacement of a car and liable for legal bills if you end up being the one they do decide to use for the landmark case.
jam25mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th 2017, 5:31 am   #33
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam25mack View Post
Whats the point though? A foreign licence works just the same, in fact is actually easier as they don't need to confirm your address via the electoral roll and you may (unconfirmed) manage to swerve some speeding fines.

So for me I don't know why you would want to risk potentially getting stung for the replacement of a car and liable for legal bills if you end up being the one they do decide to use for the landmark case.
my comment was a tongue in cheek one, an you are right there is no point whatsoever, for the reasons stated!
Dubaiexile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th 2017, 6:04 am   #34
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
my comment was a tongue in cheek one, an you are right there is no point whatsoever, for the reasons stated!
jam25mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th 2017, 9:26 am   #35
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
it's actually handy for providing proof of address in the UK if you didn't keep accounts open and such like. Most banks require a proof of identity and proof of address.

but other than that, yes it's pretty pointless.
Brains1983 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Middle East