Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

relocation from Doha to Dubai

relocation from Doha to Dubai

Old Apr 27th 2015, 7:54 am
Kraut

guuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really nice
Default relocation from Doha to Dubai

Hi,

its quite a while since my last post but time is pasing by so fast in doha.

Anyhow as i will relocate to uae very soon i have some quiestions about the Car export.

Im owning a car and Bike here in doha which i would like to take with me to uae. As i allways wanted to do the Saudi boarder trip im thinking of getting it done now.

The question is, do i need my Uae visa in place before i can enter with the Doha Export plates? I will have for sure Visa on arrival as german passport holder and i still have a valid uae driving license for both, car and bike.

Or is tourist visa enough to drive my car with exports plates in Uae. Just for the time of relocation then the car will be stored until i get my visa and i can do the registration.

thx in advance
Old Apr 27th 2015, 11:46 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: relocation from Doha to Dubai

Originally Posted by guuuude
Hi,

Anyhow as i will relocate to uae very soon i have some quiestions about the Car export.

Im owning a car and Bike here in doha which i would like to take with me to uae. As i allways wanted to do the Saudi boarder trip im thinking of getting it done now.

The question is, do i need my Uae visa in place before i can enter with the Doha Export plates? I will have for sure Visa on arrival as german passport holder and i still have a valid uae driving license for both, car and bike.

Or is tourist visa enough to drive my car with exports plates in Uae. Just for the time of relocation then the car will be stored until i get my visa and i can do the registration.

thx in advance
Think you need to be more concerned about the Saudi visa you will need to transit the Magic Kingdom....

The only people in Qatar that will care where you plan on taking the car is the border guards.. and all they will be worried about is whether you have a KSA visa..
Old Apr 27th 2015, 11:50 am
Kraut

guuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really nice

Saudi Transit Visa is not an issue at all.

The only question which i have is, am i allowed as tourist to enter UAE and Drive there with Export plates.
Old Apr 27th 2015, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently you're not allowed to drive a private car in the UAE without a local driving licence. You can only drive a hire car.

Perhaps get your UAE visa, return to Qatar, pick up the car and then drive to the UAE?

A quick glance around the internet says shipping is better because it's far less complicated and you avoid running into major queues at border crossings and waiting for your permits to be reviewed and approved.

Saudi Transit Visa is not an issue at all.

The only question which i have is, am i allowed as tourist to enter UAE and Drive there with Export plates.
Old Apr 27th 2015, 3:02 pm
Kraut

Hi,

thx in advance
This isnt my problem!
Old Apr 27th 2015, 3:14 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

You may have a card which says it is a UAE driving license with an expiry date some time in the future but if you don't have a valid/current UAE residency visa your driving license is invalid and will not become valid again until such time as you have a residence visa.
Old Apr 28th 2015, 3:02 am
Kraut

Originally Posted by hnd
You may have a card which says it is a UAE driving license with an expiry date some time in the future but if you don't have a valid/current UAE residency visa your driving license is invalid and will not become valid again until such time as you have a residence visa.
This would not make any sense!

Anyhow im going to the uae embassy and ask them. It seems here none is reading the first post prober and give just random guessing advices.
Old Apr 28th 2015, 7:09 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I have often wondered how the traditionally straight line, logical thinking Germans get on in this region....
Old Apr 28th 2015, 7:30 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I have often wondered how the traditionally straight line, logical thinking Germans get on in this region....
Constipatedly it seems
Old Apr 28th 2015, 11:55 am
Kraut

Originally Posted by Scamp
Well this is simple, we run on a daily basis with our heads in front of the wall. BUT on addition to that, it works and i experienced especially here in Doha that people are listen and are willing to learn, of course to a certain point only but this is allready something.

The first 2-3 Years in middle east are very very difficult :-)
Old Apr 28th 2015, 11:59 am
Kraut

Anyhow im going to the uae embassy and ask them. It seems here none is reading the first post prober and give just random guessing advices.
It seems the straight lined german has the right feeling. Accorsing to the UAE embassy there is no such a strring between Driving lIcense and Visa.

So please in the future dont post something what you may know or may have heard by somebody IF somebody like me ask a serious question!

This grgrrg isnt helpful at all and i dont get the idea of posting something, like that, if youre even not sure about it.
Old Feb 16th 2016, 11:42 am
Just Joined

Ojhbroek is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I'm going through the same issue. I'm relocating from Doha to Dubai and I would like to do the drive myself (essentially exporting under own steam). I understand I must obtain a vehicle export certificate and Saudi transit visa in Qatar. These shouldn't be a problem. Main issue is not having a UAE resident visa (yet) or driving license, which prevents me from registering the car in Dubai (My RP and driving license are registered in Qatar).

Any advice on what you can do? What did you end up doing Guuuud? Thanks