Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Recent info on Saudi NOC & Cultural Attache

Recent info on Saudi NOC & Cultural Attache

Old May 1st 2013, 10:46 am
Just Joined

westpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Recent info on Saudi NOC & Cultural Attache

Does anyone have recent info on whether the Saudi embassy in London requires an NOC if you have worked in KSA in the past year? I know that for the past few years it has not been required, but now I have been told by Harley Medical and Visa Services Ltd that it is required. Ian is experienced and reputable, but I hope it is not required, or maybe there are some agents who can get around it. I couldn't get through to the embassy to ask directly.

Can anyone shed light on the following. On the issue of degree stamping, the embassy requires that either your degree is stamped by the Saudi Cultural Attache or the FCO + Solicitor (as stated here: www.gulfvisa.com/sar_work_visas.htm). Soufyan at Gulfvisa explained the issue is that when you are in Saudi Arabia, and you want to sponsor your family, you must have your degree stamped by the Saudi Cultural Attache. So for those who want to bring family, do you need not bother with FCO + Solicitor, and just get it stamped by Cultural Attache? Anyone had any direct dealing with them or better just to use agent? The Attache say they require a minimum of 4/5 weeks to stamp it. Soufyan will also check re NOC as he was not sure.