Qatar vs Dubai

Old May 22nd 2007, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qatar vs Dubai

Originally Posted by wendywench

Most of the people responding to my posts here are perfectly safe from being “head-hunted”, I assure you

and you know that how??

Wendy, i myself am pretty bad at coming out with rash comments that i do not mean. You, however had an attitude from your first post. Please retract your comments about the rape, as im sure you didnt, as a female or human mean that, you were merely just baiting people to respond

I dont even think you are in recruitment, as i am looking for a position and i asked you to send me your works email addy so i could send my CV

funnily it all went quiet after that

go get a job and stop wasting our time

good day
Old May 26th 2007, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Mellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to behold

Oh, just noticed this thread.....

*rubs hands together*

We have been here 2 and a half years, came here after 4 years in Saudi. It seemed like Paradise...hmm....you can buy beer at the booze barn. I can, as a woman, drive. Any other advantages? NONE.

If hubby got offered a job in Outer Mongolia I would make sure he took it. On the surface, it may seem ok, but frankly Im bored off my boobs by the place. This is no criticism of the lovely people I have met here, but really, its an effort to find much to do. Golf? too bloody hot. Rugby? well I have the build to play on the ladies team, but not the desire to sit in that bar and watch men in their 20's 30's and 40's try to proposition 16 year old girls who are too drunk to stand up straight.
Garveys? oh...working men's club heaven comes to Doha. Luckily I adopted a rescue horse, so that keeps my mornings busy, Im sorry girls, but I can only do so many coffees at various hard to park coffee shops.

I want to go out, get rat arsed with good friends that I know will get ratarsed with me and not look at me like Im an alchoholic because Im on my second G&T. The local people on the whole are very pleasant, friendly. But there was the issue of the expat woman attacked last week. A lot of the women who know about that,know that Doha has its problems with leering labourers who are getting braver by the day and even quite intimidating. There are several women however, including the snotty one (a NZ expat who emailed to berate me for saying in an email to four friends - how the hell she got my email address, I have no idea- that it was an Indian construction worker and that various other comments from her that I wont repeat) who walk around with their heads up their arses thinking that Qatar is a safe haven.

THe housing situation is a joke, the grocery stores a joke (and their prices), the building work....................Id say a joke, but we have two massive JCB diggers/jackhammers outside our house from 5am till 2pm every bloody day. The police spend their entire time on roundabouts directing traffic (on ROUNDABOUTS for crying out loud) or giving people parking fines

Rant over....... Id pick Dubai over Doha any day. Hell, Im even tempted to go back to the UK at this rate.
Old May 26th 2007, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Mellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wendywench
Yes Blue Cat, that is exactly what i was implying
As sorry as i am that it happened, i see some ladies walking around here with their goods clearly on display - Arabs are only human too !
Besides, to turn down anything that's offered is against their behavioral codes
As for this crock of bull........Ive been out in jodphurs/baggy shirt/no makeup/baseball cap...stinking of horses and been followed round by grubby little workmen....I certainly didnt have my 'goods on display' as you so charmingly put it. My 14 year old son was spoken to most innapropriately outside a shop, he's in jeans and teeshirt. My 19 year old finished school and was waiting for me to pick her up, and there was a labourer rubbing his crotch not 50 feet from her. NONE of these were Arabs. It highly pees me off when women actually say stuff like this. What a woman wears does not give any man the right to do as he pleases. Jesus, if women dont stand up for other women who will? Most decent men would be offended by your comment as well.
Old May 26th 2007, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mellie66
What a woman wears does not give any man the right to do as he pleases. Jesus, if women dont stand up for other women who will?
Well said...