Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Qatar.. Here we come...

Qatar.. Here we come...

Old Aug 26th 2005, 1:11 pm
Follow Your Heart

ZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud of
Default Re: Qatar.. Here we come...

As we hit the road we went to a place called the Rugby club.. a member/invitee only club apparantly only expats.. but only to be met by a seriously legless doorman who said the place is now closed. .... we came too late,,, we said no.. it is still early in the morning,, but he was far too drunk to appreciate iotr even hear a word I said.... so no beer again and on the road a gain....

sio off we went to Garvy's.. apparantly the place is a social club with bar/swiming pool and sports facility.. you can join is for a membership fee.... they were nice enough to let us in.. and the alcohool flew again.. .. it was excellent music.. all expats.. families, coples, singles.. and all were happy to talk to you... it was home again.. we hade more than few .. and the beer was cheap.. 3 quid a pint.. it was 3am when we left.. seriously happy .. got in the car and went for the Kebab.. ..

great night it was.. first time to be in all these places.. and Garvy's was my favourate..

Then I woke up.. .. never mind the head.. it was worth it...

Thank you all for all the info you put out..

Take care add live well (drink well)
ZooZ
xxx
Old Aug 26th 2005, 4:34 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=ZooZ]As we hit the road we went to a place called the Rugby club.. a member/invitee only club apparantly only expats.. but only to be met by a seriously legless doorman who said the place is now closed. .... we came too late,,, we said no.. it is still early in the morning,, but he was far too drunk to appreciate iotr even hear a word I said.... so no beer again and on the road a gain....

WOW Zooz ure getting to knwo yr way around ha!

Told u it could be nice wt the right ppl and the right places. Have never been to Garvys and it sounds pretty tempting...

Enjoy xxxxx
Old Aug 27th 2005, 7:53 am
Follow Your Heart

ZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Malteser
Told u it could be nice wt the right ppl and the right places. Have never been to Garvys and it sounds pretty tempting...

Enjoy xxxxx
Thanks Malt...

Membership is only 1100 pfor a year .. I would certainly recommend that you try this place.. hopefully when I bring the family over next week we can get the baby sitters to work and make a night out of it..

pensil something in your calander in the near future..

Already looking forward for it..

Take care
ZooZ..
Old Aug 27th 2005, 9:38 am
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ZooZ
Thanks Malt...

Membership is only 1100 pfor a year .. I would certainly recommend that you try this place.. hopefully when I bring the family over next week we can get the baby sitters to work and make a night out of it..

pensil something in your calander in the near future..

Already looking forward for it..

Take care
ZooZ..

OOOOOOh next week so not much time left being single ha. I bet u cant wait. Yess will def have to plan something. My sis in law here as well next week so any excuse is good to take her out .....hehe. Shes single so have to take her out to meet ppl.

1100 is really cheap. Most hotel asking 8x as much for a membership. Will def check it out. Can u explain where it is pls????
Old Aug 27th 2005, 3:35 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
There's another expat in Doha from this site, Novita, but I haven't seen her online in a while...anyone heard from her?
Hello ... still around. But at the moment in Singapore. Going home (yes I take Doha as my home now ) 8th of September.

Welcome Zooz... If you need to ask anything you can ask me or PM me, but bear with the delay since I cant check the net regular.

I am sure malteser already answer most of ur question.

NOVI
Old Aug 27th 2005, 3:36 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

OOOOOOh next week so not much time left being single ha. I bet u cant wait. Yess will def have to plan something. My sis in law here as well next week so any excuse is good to take her out .....hehe. Shes single so have to take her out to meet ppl.

1100 is really cheap. Most hotel asking 8x as much for a membership. Will def check it out. Can u explain where it is pls????
I hate it i cant see ur sis!!! She said she leave Doha on 14th Septmber. So I assume I still can see her ...
Old Aug 27th 2005, 5:07 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Originally Posted by novita77
I hate it i cant see ur sis!!! She said she leave Doha on 14th Septmber. So I assume I still can see her ...

NOVITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

OOeerrr she said she has to leave by the 8th.......oh dont know know.......I am confused. Shes welcome to stay as much as she wants. Will see and let u know.

Hurry up girl, we miss u here
Old Aug 29th 2005, 9:29 am
Follow Your Heart

Well a bit of a change now.. I just arrived to Paris on a business trip and it is a nice welcomed change to wear a jacket in the morning and see some natural greenery... and YES.. Cannot wait to see my princess and my queen.. they are seriously missed by their subject..

as of Garvy's.. I have no clue where it was.. a bit tucked away between compound areas.. As soon as I get back to Doha I will find the location, tel nos etc and will post them on the site..

Take Care..
ZooZ
xxx
Old Aug 29th 2005, 9:33 am
Follow Your Heart

Hello ... still around. But at the moment in Singapore. Going home (yes I take Doha as my home now ) 8th of September.

Welcome Zooz... If you need to ask anything you can ask me or PM me, but bear with the delay since I cant check the net regular.

I am sure malteser already answer most of ur question.

NOVI
Thank you Novi for the nice welcome... Malt has done the honor and survived the questions bombardements... I am sure we will have more questions as we move as a family to Doha...

So glad and lucky to have joined this website

ZooZ
Old Aug 30th 2005, 7:51 am
semarang

Originally Posted by ZooZ
Well a bit of a change now.. I just arrived to Paris on a business trip and it is a nice welcomed change to wear a jacket in the morning and see some natural greenery... and YES.. Cannot wait to see my princess and my queen.. they are seriously missed by their subject..

as of Garvy's.. I have no clue where it was.. a bit tucked away between compound areas.. As soon as I get back to Doha I will find the location, tel nos etc and will post them on the site..

Take Care..
ZooZ
xxx
Hi Malt,

Gravy is somewhere in the salwa road. Come out from ur house towards Qatar Deco roundabout, then turn right towards the wholemarket roundabout. I think just after the roundabout to Tebah garden Garvy will be on the right hand side.

We plan to join Garvy foor using the pool and Mr.Novita's cheap beer, and will have a look sometimes after we come back. Will ask you to go out together. It would be nice if Sam can go to the pool with ur 3 brats.

XXX
Old Aug 31st 2005, 7:53 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Hi Malt,

Gravy is somewhere in the salwa road. Come out from ur house towards Qatar Deco roundabout, then turn right towards the wholemarket roundabout. I think just after the roundabout to Tebah garden Garvy will be on the right hand side.

We plan to join Garvy foor using the pool and Mr.Novita's cheap beer, and will have a look sometimes after we come back. Will ask you to go out together. It would be nice if Sam can go to the pool with ur 3 brats.

XXX

OOOeeerrrr brats?????..................LOL I know wot u mean

Ok then will wait till u arrive then will have a look at the place together ok.

Baby Malts birthday tomorrow

Been away to Sealine for the whole day. All the kids loved it. Baby Malt didnt get out of the pool. U have to come wt us sometime. We love it there.

Cant wait to have u back sweetie

Malt xxxxxxxxxxxxx