Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

in process of potentially moving to jeddah advice needed.....its lengthy lol

in process of potentially moving to jeddah advice needed.....its lengthy lol

Old Jul 25th 2014, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

tintre is an unknown quantity at this point
Default in process of potentially moving to jeddah advice needed.....its lengthy lol

ok where do i start, firstly hello and thankyou in advance for any replies.

im a british woman married to a pakistani who is nearly a British citizen we are both trained nurses, me uk him pakistan though he has not done this job in uk or for last 3 years.

i am in talks with an agency looking at working in saudi, however i want to live with my husband not in single or shared accommodation so....

1. do i obtain a single contract tell hospital my husband is coming,do they provide allowance instead of accomodation?

2.is it best he gets own visa

3.do we apply for the family visa

4. will he be able to get job there to even with no recent experience as a nurse
and finally

5. if we travel together do we have to sort our own accomodation out or will this be allocated also.

sorry for all the questions i cant seem to get the answers online and the agent has said they will look into it as they are not sure what will be offered. To point out i will not have a senior managerial role as a nurse.

Thankyou.
Old Jul 26th 2014, 6:57 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: in process of potentially moving to jeddah advice needed.....its lengthy lol

I think separate visas are your only chance, I don't think you can get family status as a nurse.
Nurses are usually housed in gender segregated accommodation on the hospital grounds or somewhere close by.