Post-dated cheque

Old Apr 8th 2013, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

magmaggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Post-dated cheque

Originally Posted by norsk
If they can't pay salaries to their employees they are unlikely to be allowed to continue trading for very long so unless they can collect outstanding moneys owed they are effectively ****ed.

I meant cut your losses. Would you rather wait 3,4 or 5 months in the hope that you might get something? Good luck with that. Sorry.
My cut line would be once I get a new job offer. It could happen any time soon, till then I would rather fight for the money if it is still an option.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 6:49 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magmaggy
My cut line would be once I get a new job offer. It could happen any time soon, till then I would rather fight for the money if it is still an option.
Fair enough. By the way I believe your contract is void if they don't pay you (there is probably a certain period which needs to pass before it is considered void though) so you shouldn't have to worry about having to work any notice period. If you call the MoL helpline (800 665) they will be able to tell you more though.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 6:53 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
Fair enough. By the way I believe your contract is void if they don't pay you (there is probably a certain period which needs to pass before it is considered void though) so you shouldn't have to worry about having to work any notice period. If you call the MoL helpline (800 665) they will be able to tell you more though.
It's usually three months without pay.