Post-dated cheque

Old Apr 7th 2013, 7:23 am
Just Joined

magmaggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Post-dated cheque

My employee is delaying salaries and claim not to have the funds until May. Is it illegal to request a post dated cheque from him?

The situation is a nightmare. My other question would be when do you draw the line and open a case with the labour court? The company is in DMCC.

TIA
Old Apr 7th 2013, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Post-dated cheque

IF Salary exceeds one month
THEN Buy ticket and leave
ELSE Wait to be pissed around for at least six months
Old Apr 7th 2013, 7:43 am
Just Joined

Say I am in the position to stay and fight. Would it be illegal to request a post-dated cheque?

Last edited by magmaggy; Apr 7th 2013 at 7:54 am.
Old Apr 7th 2013, 8:10 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magmaggy
Say I am in the position to stay and fight. Would it be illegal to request a post-dated cheque?
Not illegal to request such a thing, but are you willing to wait to be paid?

Why not report the company to the Ministry of Labour now? It's totally out of order not to pay people the salary that they are due. The company is the party acting illegally and unethically by not paying you.
Old Apr 7th 2013, 8:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Meow
Not illegal to request such a thing, but are you willing to wait to be paid?

Why not report the company to the Ministry of Labour now? It's totally out of order not to pay people the salary that they are due. The company is the party acting illegally and unethically by not paying you.
Thanks Meow, I know and I have ben so ready for it. I am just afraid that it will take me longer going through the courts than chasing them. I will write you a email with the case as I would love your opinion on it. You have already been very helpful back in 2010 while selling my car.
Old Apr 7th 2013, 10:32 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Meow, I know and I have ben so ready for it. I am just afraid that it will take me longer going through the courts than chasing them. I will write you a email with the case as I would love your opinion on it. You have already been very helpful back in 2010 while selling my car.
It will not go to court. The company is clearly in the wrong and if they do not fix when asked to do so by the Ministry of Labour there will be immediate punishment implemented. They are incredibly efficient at sorting issues like this. Employee protection is one of the few things in this country that you'd be hard pressed to improve..
Old Apr 7th 2013, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
It will not go to court. The company is clearly in the wrong and if they do not fix when asked to do so by the Ministry of Labour there will be immediate punishment implemented...
But if the company has no funds, how can they pay? With what exactly?
Old Apr 7th 2013, 11:03 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
If they can't pay then at least you know and can move on. If they cannot pay salaries (or at least prove that they have a plan) their trade license will be revoked...
Old Apr 7th 2013, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Can you hold a Lien on his Goats and Camels?
Old Apr 7th 2013, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

I am afraid that is the case. That is why I am considering post dated cheques.

Last edited by magmaggy; Apr 7th 2013 at 6:16 pm. Reason: to add smiles!
Old Apr 7th 2013, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jackthehat
Can you hold a Lien on his Goats and Camels?
The owner is a western and does not hold any property or valuable asset in the country.
Old Apr 7th 2013, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by norsk
If they can't pay then at least you know and can move on. If they cannot pay salaries (or at least prove that they have a plan) their trade license will be revoked...
I really treasure my earning and don't know how if I could move on without receiving it. Do you mean it would be delayed but still payed once funds available?

I wonder if they would be able to get further client payments if company gets a case (bank acc blocked etc.). But at the same time, I am afraid this guys will do a runner as their financial situation won't improve any time soon.
Old Apr 7th 2013, 7:32 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

I really treasure my earning and don't know how if I could move on without receiving it. Do you mean it would be delayed but still payed once funds available?

I wonder if they would be able to get further client payments if company gets a case (bank acc blocked etc.). But at the same time, I am afraid this guys will do a runner as their financial situation won't improve any time soon.
If they can't pay salaries to their employees they are unlikely to be allowed to continue trading for very long so unless they can collect outstanding moneys owed they are effectively ****ed.

I meant cut your losses. Would you rather wait 3,4 or 5 months in the hope that you might get something? Good luck with that. Sorry.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 5:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

What possible use would a post-dated cheque be if they have no noney or other assets ?
Old Apr 8th 2013, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by scot47
What possible use would a post-dated cheque be if they have no noney or other assets ?
ha! good question! Crap! I cannot believe I felt into hits shit!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.