Reload this Page >

Positions in Food/Health and Safety

Positions in Food/Health and Safety

Old Dec 17th 2003, 11:50 pm
Just Joined

Jason Williams is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Positions in Food/Health and Safety

Hi there

I'm a graduate environmental health officer with dreams of getting out of the cold here in the UK and Dubai seems like a nice place to say the least.

Does anyone out there have any info on the opprotunities open to someone with Food Safety / Health and Safety / Environmental Management qualifications?

I've searched the internet for job vacancies but have drawn a complete blank.

I'm married with children. Would this cause any problems?

Any help gratefully received.
Merry Xmas
Jason
Old Dec 21st 2003, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

Vineeth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Positions in Food/Health and Safety

Hello,

Saw ur advt. Let me confess, this reply is in no way intended to help you! Rather I'm in need of your help!!

I'm 28, a science graduate from India working in Kuwait from 1999. I have a stronge urge to move to ur country, work and live. But neither I dont any acquaintance there, nor get any info from web! I'm planning to move by March,2004 and looking for jobs in office/service sector.

Expecting your valuable guidelines on this front.

Merry X'mas to u too....

Thanx in advance,

Vineeth.

Originally posted by Jason Williams
Hi there

I'm a graduate environmental health officer with dreams of getting out of the cold here in the UK and Dubai seems like a nice place to say the least.

Does anyone out there have any info on the opprotunities open to someone with Food Safety / Health and Safety / Environmental Management qualifications?

I've searched the internet for job vacancies but have drawn a complete blank.

I'm married with children. Would this cause any problems?

Any help gratefully received.
Merry Xmas
Jason
Old Dec 21st 2003, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

Vineeth

It really depends on what you want to do. There are currently plenty of jobs in Local Govt. Environmental Health (you'd need to retrain though), especially in London and the larger cities, where your native language will make you very employable.

Check out www.cieh.org for more info. on a career in Env. Health.

I hope this helps. Please reply if you'd like more info.

Jason
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Jezza is an unknown quantity at this point

It's all very well searching through job adverts etc. and contacting local authorities but you should check first if you have any chance of being able to get a working visa.

Without a working visa, you will be wasting your time finding employment.
Old Jan 4th 2004, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

Vineeth is an unknown quantity at this point

Jason,

Many thanx for the really valuable info. Regardless of my qualification and experience, I'm ready to take any position which offers food and housing. I hope you could help me with this fact in mind. I'm planning my trip around March'04.

Regards
Vineeth.
Old Jan 4th 2004, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Jezza is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know what you have been told, nor what you expect but I don't believe there are expat type positions available with UK local authorities.

My earlier advice still stands that you should check if you have the right to live and work in the UK first.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 2:53 pm

philipz is on a distinguished road

Hi jason,

Sorry to say but I dont know about jobs like that in the UAE, as most of the Health & Safety is done by the Municipality. You can possibly check the Dubai Municipality jobs here. Your marital status shouldnt cause much of a problem, but your type of jobs are not that available around and your best bet is at the Municipality. You should check the two links in my signature, as it has helped alot of people.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

Philip

Many thanks for your comments and advice. I'm pretty surprised at the lack of jobs in my area of work considering the amount of hotels and restaurants etc. in Dubai. I've seen a few food hygiene jobs advertised in UK env. health journals in the past and i'm sure that opportunities exist - I guess I'll just have to look harder!

Thanks again. All the best.
Jason