Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Police caution and working/business Visa SA

Police caution and working/business Visa SA

Old Nov 28th 2016, 5:05 am
Just Joined

Stratus330 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police caution and working/business Visa SA

Hi all, I have been issued with a UK police caution (for returning a clothing item to a clothing store with the wrong price tag on). Would I still be successful in obtaining my work visa for Saudi Arabia? It was some sort of silly misunderstanding, but I ended up with a caution/warning. Are there any others with a police caution and were still successful in obtaining their working visa for SA?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Ps This was the first (and last) time I came into contact with the police.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

Busylizzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police caution and working/business Visa SA

How long ago was it. If enough time has lapsed you can ask the police to remove it from your record.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 11:30 am
Just Joined

Recent! It's a 'simple caution'
Old Nov 29th 2016, 11:35 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stratus330
Recent! It's a 'simple caution'
No such thing as a 'simple' caution, as far as many countries are concerned it is the same as a guilty verdict, you admitted you did it, and, instead of wasting court time you paid a fine or something. It will appear on any police check, which will come back 'no live trace'. If it is very recent, then you MAY have problems, but you will have to admit to it.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

There is indeed a thing called a 'simple caution' in the U.K., and I did opt for this caution (even though it was an unintentional mistake) instead of going to court and in the worst case scenario end up worse.

Mine involved returning a clothing item with a different price tag, which as I said before was an unintentional mistake.

So, as this was my first ever involvement with the police, it seemed like the best thing to do at the time, but that has to be seen!!!!
Old Nov 29th 2016, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

I did not pay any fine, nor any other settlement. It was just a simple caution, and that's it!
Old Dec 10th 2016, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Busylizzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Curious to understand how this progressed for you?
Old Dec 14th 2016, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

ostearn is an unknown quantity at this point

I just looked this up. I'm pretty sure your caution (it is dependant on the age bracket you were in at the time) will drop from your record and no longer show up in reports after 5 years.
Here is the ACRO retention policy, who conduct the check. You want appendix 1 :

https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...tx_JAwUboDC-5Q
Old Jan 16th 2017, 3:13 am
Just Joined

Willb94 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a caution in 2005 for shop lifting. On ACRO form it came as Live trace (dec 2016), i got full subeject access (police report) and it mentioned caution and reason for getting it. Im goner apply for my visa and see what happens. Applying in dublin is one way around this ive read on forums, either cautions dont come up on police check or embassy has different rules.

Last edited by Willb94; Jan 16th 2017 at 3:19 am.
Old Jan 16th 2017, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Willb94
I got a caution in 2005 for shop lifting. On ACRO form it came as Live trace (dec 2016), i got full subeject access (police report) and it mentioned caution and reason for getting it. Im goner apply for my visa and see what happens. Applying in dublin is one way around this ive read on forums, either cautions dont come up on police check or embassy has different rules.
Uou should receive another caution for crimes against grammar and spelling...
Old Jan 16th 2017, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
Uou should receive another caution for crimes against grammar and spelling...
^ Where's the "Like" button...
Old Jan 16th 2017, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
^ Where's the "Like" button...
Would have been better if I hadn't misspelled "You"
Old Jan 16th 2017, 6:54 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Willb94
Suspect you are reading the wrong forums, police checks come from the police force where you were living, so doesn't matter where in the world you apply from you will get the same report. Once the caution is deemed 'spent' in the UK, the report will say 'no live trace' that just shows there IS something in the past, and you will need to show documentation as the what that was. There is NO way round this
Old Jan 16th 2017, 12:45 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Suspect you are reading the wrong forums, police checks come from the police force where you were living, so doesn't matter where in the world you apply from you will get the same report. Once the caution is deemed 'spent' in the UK, the report will say 'no live trace' that just shows there IS something in the past, and you will need to show documentation as the what that was. There is NO way round this
What about a Basic Disclosure from Disclosure Scotland? Easy online application and covers addresses throughout the UK. You need to have a UK address and some ID to prove it. Was accepted for me in Qatar back in 2012.
Old Jan 16th 2017, 12:56 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy11
What about a Basic Disclosure from Disclosure Scotland? Easy online application and covers addresses throughout the UK. You need to have a UK address and some ID to prove it. Was accepted for me in Qatar back in 2012.
Immigration in most countries will require an ACRO report, not the same as a basic disclosure in any way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.