Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Please help child out of wedlock trouble sponsoring

Please help child out of wedlock trouble sponsoring

Old Mar 1st 2017, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please help child out of wedlock trouble sponsoring

If they're dedicated enough to have a child together and move together as a family unit to a new country, then the simplicity of getting the marriage license shouldn't be a problem.

If it is really a problem, for whatever reason, then the easy answer is: don't move to Dubai.

Originally Posted by Scamp
'Get married' is thrown around far too easily. I can't be the only person left on this forum who doesn't see it solely as a contract?
Old Mar 1st 2017, 7:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
If they're dedicated enough to have a child together and move together as a family unit to a new country, then the simplicity of getting the marriage license shouldn't be a problem.

If it is really a problem, for whatever reason, then the easy answer is: don't move to Dubai.
You've kind of just proved my point....it's a license or contract or formality.

I don't see marriage as that and I think it's sad the way this forum promotes the notion that it's just a bit of paper.

Just my opinion, this person and others posting may be very different and willing to do it for an opportunity in Dubai.
Old Mar 1st 2017, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

I used to understand what marriage meant.

But these days I'm not so sure. It seems to mean anything you want it to be and people get married (or don't get married) for all sorts of reasons. I think it's a bit sad, to tell the truth, but that's the way the world works today.

I don't see marriage as that and I think it's sad the way this forum promotes the notion that it's just a bit of paper.

Just my opinion, this person and others posting may be very different and willing to do it for an opportunity in Dubai.
Old Mar 1st 2017, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose it can be both...... 1. The whole fairytale till death do us part thing or 2. A bit of paper to stop you getting arrested for co-habiting. I know plenty of folk who are an item but aren't at the getting married stay or simply don't believe in the whole thing. In the eyes of the UAE they are criminals.... As such, to a point its the law makers who have made no. 2 a reality. Surely as both parties are understanding that its just a bit of paper whats the problem?
Old Mar 1st 2017, 8:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
It seems to mean anything you want it to be and people get married (or don't get married) for all sorts of reasons. I think it's a bit sad, to tell the truth, but that's the way the world works today.
That's what I meant but put better. Thanks.

Originally Posted by jam25mack
I suppose it can be both...... 1. The whole fairytale till death do us part thing or 2. A bit of paper to stop you getting arrested for co-habiting. I know plenty of folk who are an item but aren't at the getting married stay or simply don't believe in the whole thing. In the eyes of the UAE they are criminals.... As such, to a point its the law makers who have made no. 2 a reality. Surely as both parties are understanding that its just a bit of paper whats the problem?
See above. I'm not saying it's wrong or having a pop, I just think it's a bit sad that marriage is used like that - but then it's not the fault of the couple, but the law here perhaps.

Dunno. Always been put off rushing into it. Divorced parents and all that maybe.
Old Mar 1st 2017, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

as a company when we have employed anyone at a senior level and they are in a relationship and want to bring their other half over as part of the deal, then we make it clear that they need to get married if they want to co-habit together. The company can't afford to have someone at a senior level who may get court for not being married.
Old Mar 1st 2017, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
as a company when we have employed anyone at a senior level and they are in a relationship and want to bring their other half over as part of the deal, then we make it clear that they need to get married if they want to co-habit together. The company can't afford to have someone at a senior level who may get court for not being married.
My organisation was the same, co-habitation was completely non-negotiable.

I understand Scamp's point, though the locals in the UAE view marriage very differently than Westerners, and do use the term "marriage contract." Marriages are still arranged for political and tribal reasons, usually to cousins, and the idea of marriage for love is seen as exotic and I don't think is fully understood as a concept.

By the way, local high schoolers, when they want to secretly court girls, they drive their pick-up trucks next to the girls' school buses, and the girls' have their phone numbers written down on pieces of paper and toss it out the windows of the bus and into the pick-up trucks.