Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Plans to move to Dubai!

Plans to move to Dubai!

Old Dec 1st 2017, 4:13 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Plans to move to Dubai!

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
It will not affect your visa, everyone gets a generic Residence Visa, it all depends an what is written on the Visa as your title, I have had Archives Clerk on a couple, and also just Manager on a couple as well....personally I do not give a stuff what they put me down as, because at the end of the day it is still a visa........although some people really get their knickers in a twist over it!!!
Does it not affect your ability to sponsor perhaps your wife or family, if you have a lower grade designation on it?
Old Dec 1st 2017, 6:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

150k gbp and a couple of kids. Stay in the UK.
Old Dec 1st 2017, 8:15 am
Just Joined

masif is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
It will not affect your visa, everyone gets a generic Residence Visa, it all depends an what is written on the Visa as your title, I have had Archives Clerk on a couple, and also just Manager on a couple as well....personally I do not give a stuff what they put me down as, because at the end of the day it is still a visa........although some people really get their knickers in a twist over it!!!
Is their any chance it impacts the mortgage applications if and when you decide to make it?
Old Dec 1st 2017, 9:48 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by masif
Is their any chance it impacts the mortgage applications if and when you decide to make it?
Mortgage? Did you say mortgage? That's a bold move...
Old Dec 1st 2017, 10:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Mortgage? Did you say mortgage? That's a bold move...
My opinion is that if you put in 300k AED for a property as an upfront payment, you are perhaps paying less than the rental per month, and in the worst case scenario, you can always rent the property out.
Old Dec 1st 2017, 12:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

More if and less when if I were you.
Old Dec 1st 2017, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Millhouse
More if and less when if I were you.
Why do you say that?
Old Dec 1st 2017, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

150k gbp and a couple of kids. Stay in the UK.
Thanks Millhouse... I am undecided at the moment. It turns out my take home would be double of what i earn in the UK (when i include bonuses etc), but taking into account expenses (kids education, rental etc), I am not sure what is the right move.
Old Dec 2nd 2017, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Does it not affect your ability to sponsor perhaps your wife or family, if you have a lower grade designation on it?
Nope not at all, it is what you earn determines if you can sponsor relatives, nothing to do with your title whatsoever!!
Old Dec 2nd 2017, 3:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Why would it???? It is what you earn is the most important thing, if the sums add up then you will get a mortgage, I should imagine the last thing they look at is your designation, or if they do they are stupid!
Old Dec 2nd 2017, 7:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Why do you say that?
Anyone buying property in Qatar right now is somewhere between insane, naive or doing it for political reasons.
Old Dec 2nd 2017, 8:04 am
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone buying property in Qatar right now is somewhere between insane, naive or doing it for political reasons.
Even if you bought a house, you'd still subject to the Sponsorship/ NOC rules, so could find yourself sitting out a two year work ban, unemployable and unable to cover you mortgage payments, getting into debt and then being subject to a travel ban. No thanks.
Old Dec 2nd 2017, 8:20 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

In case you weren't aware, Masif, non-payment of debt is a criminal offence in UAE (and most if not all countries of the region). Miss a couple of mortgage payments in UK and they'll recover your BMW after getting a court order; do it in UAE and you can be behind bars.
Old Dec 2nd 2017, 8:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
In case you weren't aware, Masif, non-payment of debt is a criminal offence in UAE (and most if not all countries of the region). Miss a couple of mortgage payments in UK and they'll recover your BMW after getting a court order; do it in UAE and you can be behind bars.
Not forgetting zero liquidity in the secondary property market got about 12-18 months now and falling prices.

Just realised it’s UAE not Qatar. Although my views are the same.

Transferring undervalued GBP to but over valued USD assets is not sensible in my opinion.
Old Dec 2nd 2017, 9:37 am
Just Joined

Qatar Did you want to say Dubai?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.