Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Pfizer - Booster or Fully Vaccinated Dilemma

Pfizer - Booster or Fully Vaccinated Dilemma

Old Sep 16th 2021, 9:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Pfizer - Booster or Fully Vaccinated Dilemma

Originally Posted by co durham boy
You'll do anything to avoid getting married

4th date now set.
Old Sep 16th 2021, 12:42 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I'd like to say the same but the next flight I'm on is to Riyadh!
If you get the chance, take a wander around Riyadh Front or The Zone to see how things are moving. Both pleasant places in Saudi terms to grab a bite and a coffee, and now the nights are cooler it's nice to sit out and chill for a while.
Old Sep 16th 2021, 1:16 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
If you get the chance, take a wander around Riyadh Front or The Zone to see how things are moving. Both pleasant places in Saudi terms to grab a bite and a coffee, and now the nights are cooler it's nice to sit out and chill for a while.
Thanks
The Zone is pretty close to where I'm staying. Having not been before, would be good to go see these sorts of things.

I'm assuming Uber / Careem is the way forward?
Old Sep 16th 2021, 2:37 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Thanks
The Zone is pretty close to where I'm staying. Having not been before, would be good to go see these sorts of things.

I'm assuming Uber / Careem is the way forward?
I'm always driving but I'm guessing Careen or something. There's a great Italian I can recommend a few doors down from Catch 22, can't remember the name. And Self made coffee the other side of the road from The Zone gets heaving at night with the young crowd.
Old Sep 18th 2021, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

This will allow UAE nationals and residents to fly to UK without having to quarantine
https://gn24.ae/c555864fd9f7000

This might help the OP to decide
Old Sep 19th 2021, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

Benny80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by UKMS
This will allow UAE nationals and residents to fly to UK without having to quarantine
https://gn24.ae/c555864fd9f7000

This might help the OP to decide
Thanks yes saw this news come out over the weekend. Key thing will be if the UK recognise vaccines administered here in the UAE, and if they do will it be all all vaccines or only the Western ones.
Old Sep 19th 2021, 4:48 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Benny80
Thanks yes saw this news come out over the weekend. Key thing will be if the UK recognise vaccines administered here in the UAE, and if they do will it be all all vaccines or only the Western ones.
I took this article as meaning that they will recognise those of us vaccinated here……. Which vaccines remains to be seen…… This is different to the UK news about travel from there.
Old Sep 19th 2021, 6:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Benny80
No one in the west is going to recognise sinopharm for political reasons.
Old Sep 20th 2021, 4:05 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
No one in the west is going to recognise sinopharm for political reasons.
Sinopharm is accepted in Europe by 10 or so countries because it's on the WHO approved list, but they need to get EMA approval for the rest of the countries which they may not have already applied for. However in the spirit of Brexit, UK seems to have a separate acceptance list to both the EMA and WHO
Old Sep 20th 2021, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Sinopharm is accepted in Europe by 10 or so countries because it's on the WHO approved list, but they need to get EMA approval for the rest of the countries which they may not have already applied for. However in the spirit of Brexit, UK seems to have a separate acceptance list to both the EMA and WHO
In fairness most other countries don’t just accept what is on the EMA and WHO list for travel.
Old Sep 20th 2021, 5:57 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

In fairness most other countries don’t just accept what is on the EMA and WHO list for travel.
Final decision remains with the individual country in all cases of course, though verification through a recognised regulatory body seems like a good starting place.
Old Sep 20th 2021, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Final decision remains with the individual country in all cases of course, though verification through a recognised regulatory body seems like a good starting place.
So are you saying that every country should just accept what the WHO approves as a starting point ?
Old Sep 20th 2021, 7:15 am
Knee deep and rising

So are you saying that every country should just accept what the WHO approves as a starting point ?
I've clearly said the final decision remains with the country, otherwise a vaccine that has already passed some kind of criteria such as WHO or EMA is a good starting point for consideration. Is English your first language?
Old Sep 20th 2021, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

I've clearly said the final decision remains with the country, otherwise a vaccine that has already passed some kind of criteria such as WHO or EMA is a good starting point for consideration. Is English your first language?
My question was about the starting point not the final decision, a perfectly reasonable question …… and what has my first language got to do with vaccines?
Old Sep 20th 2021, 7:24 am
Knee deep and rising

My question was about the starting point not the final decision, a perfectly reasonable question …… and what has my first language got to do with vaccines?
It of course has to do with your understanding of what I have written, and now you are being deliberately obtuse. But yes you are correct the UK should start with all the proposed vaccines that have neither WHO or EMA approval, that's the best way forward.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.