Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

passport renewal - smart form - bar code

passport renewal - smart form - bar code

Old Apr 30th 2013, 10:53 am
Just Joined

alien joknee is an unknown quantity at this point
Question passport renewal - smart form - bar code

I have finally finished filling in passport renewal forms for me and 3 kids, someone posted that the bar code changes as information is entered but mine didnt, at least the number at the bottom didnt.
did i do something wrong?
Old Apr 30th 2013, 11:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: passport renewal - smart form - bar code

didnt think you could do the smart from for an overseas renewal, had to be done by hand.
Old Apr 30th 2013, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

yes, you can use the smart form
and i finally finished filling in on line
but someone said the bar code changes as you enter information....???
thanks for your reply....
Old Apr 30th 2013, 3:17 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

The Smart OL form (green with the large bar code on the front) is used for overseas applications if you're still applying to certain Regional Passport Processing Centres such as Paris. If you're applying directly to Liverpool, you need to use the OS form.

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

The bar code should change as you go as it stores the form details to enable staff to scan your details straight onto their computer to speed up data entry and reduce errors. The changes are fairly subtle though so you may not notice it The number at the bottom of the bar code is a date referring the version of the form being used and won't change.
Old Apr 30th 2013, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

winter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to all

If you are applying for a renewal passport in the uae, you can only send it to the uk, there is no online renewal, I have just done it, your British passport and written application must go to liverpool
Old Apr 30th 2013, 5:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by winter
If you are applying for a renewal passport in the uae, you can only send it to the uk, there is no online renewal, I have just done it, your British passport and written application must go to liverpool
thats what i thought too. no online renewal.
Old Apr 30th 2013, 6:17 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

There is no on-line application for British passports. The Smart OL form is a PDF you can fill out on your home computer and then print off and send in. It's neater and saves time, but it's not on-line in the sense you can apply via the Internet.
Old Apr 30th 2013, 7:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BritInParis
There is no on-line application for British passports. The Smart OL form is a PDF you can fill out on your home computer and then print off and send in. It's neater and saves time, but it's not on-line in the sense you can apply via the Internet.
yeh thats what i thought i knew in uk you can fill in form but need to print and send in post etc, but got confused as said it was online so assumed you sent it over the computer screens too.
Old May 1st 2013, 4:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
you are all right! i meant that i am filling out as PDF on computer, have to print out and send by post to Paris office. I am in Israel by the way. thanks to all of you who answered me in my time of need.