Package info on Oman

Package info on Oman

Old Mar 2nd 2017, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

Tahir84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Package info on Oman

Originally Posted by dominoman
I dont understand this comment.

Surely the majority of people moving from the UK will be earning substantially more than 53k p.a before leaving for the ME. This place wants the highly skilled.

I don't understand YOUR comment. Why do you have to be earning a substantial amount of money before you leave the UK.

Most of people who leave UK for ME do so for savings, at least that is what I am looking at.
Old Mar 2nd 2017, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

eastrunner is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't forget that the UK salaries include things like private pensions, bonuses, flexible benefits so you typically need to gross up not take the after tax and convert that. So perhaps you should take the 53K and add another % for the other benefits (15%-20%). The middle east doesn't have pensions etc... so u need to negotiate at your current gross rate +..... not the NET.
Old Mar 2nd 2017, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

dominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tahir84
I don't understand YOUR comment. Why do you have to be earning a substantial amount of money before you leave the UK.

Most of people who leave UK for ME do so for savings, at least that is what I am looking at.
Didnt say you have to be a lot before leaving the UK. I just assumed that the majority of people leaving the UK to work here would have many years experience, and therefore would be earning more than that. Depends on the industry etc of course.

In any case, I still don't understand the comment that says why would you leave the UK if you're earning 53K. People come here to save and to have a change of lifestyle. That applies whether you're earning 30k or 300k.
Old Mar 4th 2017, 8:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot see why anyone with a job in the UK paying £53,000 would choose to go and live in the Middle East. That area is for the desperate ! I was one myself !
Old Mar 5th 2017, 4:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
I cannot see why anyone with a job in the UK paying £53,000 would choose to go and live in the Middle East. That area is for the desperate ! I was one myself !
I left the UK aged 28, earning 60k GBP a year. So it certainly does happen.