Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Online banking input error? Saudi Fransi

Online banking input error? Saudi Fransi

Old Mar 28th 2013, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold
Default Online banking input error? Saudi Fransi

I tried to add an 'international bank beneficiary' to send money to in my online banking with Banque Saudi Fransi (using both Chromium and Firefox on Linux) and I am presented with the following error:

The beneficiary address can be maximum 40 characters and can contain only alphabets, numbers, spaces and '/.-,'

Thing is, the address was 39 characters long, including spaces and commas. I certainly didn't input entire 'alphabets' in there and kept the definite articles down to a minimum as they do.

Anyone seen this error before and know how to get round it without visiting my branch in person?
Old Apr 1st 2013, 3:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online banking input error? Saudi Fransi

Originally Posted by Beakersful
I tried to add an 'international bank beneficiary' to send money to in my online banking with Banque Saudi Fransi (using both Chromium and Firefox on Linux) and I am presented with the following error:

The beneficiary address can be maximum 40 characters and can contain only alphabets, numbers, spaces and '/.-,'

Thing is, the address was 39 characters long, including spaces and commas. I certainly didn't input entire 'alphabets' in there and kept the definite articles down to a minimum as they do.

Anyone seen this error before and know how to get round it without visiting my branch in person?
Why do they want a beneficiary address? I've never been asked for that...... usually it's just a name and an IBAN number.
Old Apr 1st 2013, 3:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

No idea. But I sorted it after a word with some workmates who came up against the same situation. Turns out you have to use Windows/Internet Explorer or the address fields return errors......I really don't like doing my internet banking via the most unsafe software like this.
Old Apr 1st 2013, 7:53 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Why do they want a beneficiary address? I've never been asked for that...... usually it's just a name and an IBAN number.
Commercial bank (Doha) ask for beneficiary address when setting payments up, full address inc post code. They also want the whole address for the bank you are sending too. Why the f.c.u.k they need that I will never know.
Old Apr 1st 2013, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Maybe it's being passed on to the yanks for their databases to track the flow of money and catch bad guys?
Old Apr 1st 2013, 9:35 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beakersful
Maybe it's being passed on to the yanks for their databases to track the flow of money and catch bad guys?
I just thought they was trying to make a simple process as difficult as ****ing possible!
Old Apr 1st 2013, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
I just thought they was trying to make a simple process as difficult as ****ing possible!
standard
Old Apr 1st 2013, 4:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

It is in case you are financing some Jihadist looney in Bradford who wants to buy weedkiller and other ingredients for his explosive experiments