Reload this Page >

Offered Job in Qatar

Offered Job in Qatar

Old Aug 23rd 2017, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Jammydodger2016 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Offered Job in Qatar

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Are you saying 30 K GBP per annum or the equivalent of 30 K QR per month?

As:

30 K GBP is approx 140 K QR per annum (as above)

19 K x 12 = 228 k QR, so approx 49 K GBP.

Not sure how they relates to less than what you are earning in the UK.

Not sure about legal salaries, especially paralegals in relation to lawyers so can't comment. 30K QR per month seems high to me though.

Current UK salary is around 30k a year. Which is just over £1800 a month AFTER TAX and student loan deductions

Sure there is no tax in Qatar but im not fooling myself the cost of living is high so I need to make sure that after I pay my rent each month in Qatar i am still better off then I would have been in the UK. Which is why I need above 18KQAR a month. Make sense?

Last edited by Jammydodger2016; Aug 23rd 2017 at 12:17 pm.
Old Aug 23rd 2017, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Judging on the level of English used in this thread, I can't help thinking that you must be an awful paralegal.
Just like you are an awful comedian
Old Aug 24th 2017, 4:25 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammydodger2016
Current UK salary is around 30k a year. Which is just over £1800 a month AFTER TAX and student loan deductions

Sure there is no tax in Qatar but im not fooling myself the cost of living is high so I need to make sure that after I pay my rent each month in Qatar i am still better off then I would have been in the UK. Which is why I need above 18KQAR a month. Make sense?
Sure it does, however, you're essentially saying, I'm on 30K GBP p.a in the UK but i'm worth 75 K GBP p.a in Qatar....... Good luck with that!

They're already offering you nearly 19 k GBP (63%) a year more..... which TBH sounds generous, if not really enough for 2 to live on comfortably
Old Aug 24th 2017, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Sure it does, however, you're essentially saying, I'm on 30K GBP p.a in the UK but i'm worth 75 K GBP p.a in Qatar....... Good luck with that!

They're already offering you nearly 19 k GBP (63%) a year more..... which TBH sounds generous, if not really enough for 2 to live on comfortably
Its not enough to live on in Qatar from what i have been told by friends who are already out there thats what worries me the most.
Old Aug 24th 2017, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Its not enough to live on in Qatar from what i have been told by friends who are already out there thats what worries me the most.
I think several folk on here have told you that too..... so I'd listen or make sure you secure a job for your hubbie first.
Old Aug 24th 2017, 8:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

A few apostrophes might get you a bit more each month.

Anyway, the job that you do generally gets a salary of around 20k/month, and you've concluded that's not going to be enough for you. I doubt you'll be able to ask for more just because you want it.

You wouldn't be able to ask your current employer for more just so that you can rent a more expensive house would you?

As it happens, 20k/ month is pretty good and would probably be enough (potentially with reasonable savings) but as you've concluded otherwise then it won't work.

We used to pay our Paralegals 20k (generally a smart Lebanese), and our PAs (the attractive western ones anyway) 25k.
Old Aug 24th 2017, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

20k a month in Doha:

1-bedroom apartment in Sadd or Bin Mahmoud for 6.5k a month including all bills. Go for furnished and all inclusive apartments, there's loads around.

Uber/taxi: 1500 a month per person

We're up to 9.5k

You've got 10k to spare. 500/week groceries, 500/week each to play with. 1500 weekly. 6k a month.

End of month: 15.5k but round it up to 16k.

That leaves you with 4k potential savings at the end of each month.

Your partner finds a job paying even just 10k you'll be doing decently enough. a 20k job you'll be living the high life.

However, a significant problem does remain: it's *****ing Doha.
Old Aug 24th 2017, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
20k a month in Doha:

1-bedroom apartment in Sadd or Bin Mahmoud for 6.5k a month including all bills. Go for furnished and all inclusive apartments, there's loads around.

Uber/taxi: 1500 a month per person

We're up to 9.5k

You've got 10k to spare. 500/week groceries, 500/week each to play with. 1500 weekly. 6k a month.

End of month: 15.5k but round it up to 16k.

That leaves you with 4k potential savings at the end of each month.

Your partner finds a job paying even just 10k you'll be doing decently enough. a 20k job you'll be living the high life.

However, a significant problem does remain: it's *****ing Doha.
Thank you for the break down. Maybe I am being a over ambitious after all.

Last questions:Instead of spending 1500 each on taxi/UBER would it not be easier to rent a car?

What is the best app or website to find accomodation?

Last edited by Jammydodger2016; Aug 24th 2017 at 9:31 am.
Old Aug 24th 2017, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Rent a car = car rent (1500 min, closer to 2k more realistic) + petrol + speeding fines.

Then there's two of you.

Loads in Doha take uber/careem/taxis all the time and live without a car. I don't have a car and it's brilliant. Never need to worry about finding a parking place or queuing forever at the petrol stations or driving itself, which is terrible. Only about half my coworkers own a car and the rest taxi/uber it, and several even sold their cars because it wasn't worth it. Taxis/uber are so cheap here that it makes sense not to deal with having your own car.

Thank you for the break down. Maybe I am being a over ambitious after all.

Last question: instead of spending 1500 each on taxi/UBER would it not be easier to rent a car?