Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Nursing in Middle East

Nursing in Middle East

Old Nov 20th 2003, 6:49 pm
Nutty Nurse

LondonNurse will become famous soon enoughLondonNurse will become famous soon enough
Default Nursing in Middle East

Hi,

Could anyone tell me what its like to nurse in the middle east, what the hospitals are like, the ethnic mix of ppl. Are they mainly from the UK?

Cheeres

Thanks.
Old Dec 10th 2003, 2:53 am
Just Joined

ArabianPrince is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Its like any where else!

It depends on where do you work in Dubai, but surely you will see lots of Indians and Asians! Hospitals are nice and clean but again, it depends on where do you work. Jumairah area has lots of high class locals and Europeans, and Mirdif area too.
Surely any British living here will be able to tell you exactly which areas are better to work at depending on what your requirments.

Wish you all the best and feel free to email me
[email protected]
Old Dec 10th 2003, 5:13 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

The Middle East is a big place- Syria, Lebanon, Palestine as well as Dubai, Saudi etc. You will find a very different demographic for each country.
Old Dec 10th 2003, 8:46 am

philipz is on a distinguished road

I have 1 friend who's wife is a nurse in a government hospital in Sharjah, UAE and from what I know, it is alot of pressure as many times she has been verbally abused by doctors, as the doctors are under alot of pressure also. The best place to get into if you have studied or worked in the US, UK, etc. is to get into an American operated private hospital.