Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dodgy Financial Adviser Middle East ???

Dodgy Financial Adviser Middle East ???

Old Nov 16th 2017, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

Gella is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dodgy Financial Adviser Middle East ???

So why would a Financial Adviser who cold called my Husband while he is working in Saudi Arabia, need to know my Husband's National Insurance Number?
Husband didn't know it and wanted to stall the Adviser so he could talk to me.
I didn't like the sound of any of it and was rather angry so told the guy to sling his hook by email.
It worked.
Suspect their will be more of these people.
I am now more nervous of these "befrienders" than making Saudi cultural mistakes.
Old Nov 16th 2017, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dodgy Financial Adviser Middle East ???

Be careful; grifters also know that you will be afraid of making "cultural mistakes" and will prey on that fear as part of the tactic.
Old Nov 17th 2017, 7:23 am
peterparker

Sabi Star is an unknown quantity at this point

Nothing new.
Old Nov 17th 2017, 7:38 am
Just Joined

Gella is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Carcajou. Grifters? Got it. Googled. Already found them on another expat site. Men in Saudi Arabia offering to help me?? Are they mad? Taking learn Arabic CD's and books. Hope to get totally immersed in language. Have got abaya's and not going to wear just the scarf a modern type of cap/turban under. I will not look Saudi, but neither will I look identifiably Western. Hopefully I will be able to fend off any contact with the grifters. On my guard now.