Next Ramadhan?

Old Jun 1st 2007, 6:57 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Next Ramadhan?

Originally Posted by MataHari
oh really...that's bad....
yup you could say that. I only noticed when the car started bouncing over the small dunes at the side of the road

it was cool though, i enjoyed it and felt a real part of the muslim community, bit like an xmas atmosphere in a strange and different way. it also pissed of my ex boss no end because i worked shorter hours which was an unplanned for bonus

lol indie, it was on the road by the greens up to al khail rd
Old Jun 1st 2007, 7:04 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
yup you could say that. I only noticed when the car started bouncing over the small dunes at the side of the road

it was cool though, i enjoyed it and felt a real part of the muslim community, bit like an xmas atmosphere in a strange and different way. it also pissed of my ex boss no end because i worked shorter hours which was an unplanned for bonus

lol indie, it was on the road by the greens up to al khail rd
so what's the trick not to get into that dangerous state when driving...
Old Jun 1st 2007, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

so what's the trick not to get into that dangerous state when driving...
Eating and sleeping at regular hours I guess......
Old Jun 1st 2007, 7:13 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
Eating and sleeping at regular hours I guess......
yeah...but to get to the food, you need to drive....
Old Jun 1st 2007, 7:17 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

yeah...but to get to the food, you need to drive....
i dont know, i suppose you could drive after iftar instead but then youd have to break fast at work etc which is missing a big part of it.
you do get used to it but it is really really dangerous, there is a reason why the accident rate rockets during rammadan, didnt make a difference when people were driving camels but landcruisers are a mite trickier
Old Jun 1st 2007, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

camel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jvr20
great idea MH - there's still plenty of time to chicken out anyway!

Who else is with me?

I'm doing it this year too.. have done it a couple of times now. The thing that really got to me was water, if you are not doing it for religious reasons, until your body gets used to it, especially if it's still hot then, keep up your water intake.

Another hint would be not to gorge at iftar, I used to and it made me sick every day. My hubby eventually talked me into have some yogurt and water, a bit of fruit or something.. worked much better.

Last edited by camel jockey; Jun 1st 2007 at 10:11 pm.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 10:07 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
I fasted a couple of years ago and will probably do it again this year.
Didnt realize that fasting so addictive !!!
Old Jun 1st 2007, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by novita77
would be tough on me too ... 30 days of daylight without Starbucks / Coffee Costa
You need to defect to The Beanery on Al Saad Novi