New job offer

Old Jul 25th 2016, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

Taz786 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New job offer

Hi,

I have accepted a new job offer in Dubai. I know pay for roles depends on industry and experience. I moved to Dubai last year and guess the new opportunity provides a greater challenge to me.

I was initially excited getting a 25% increase in pay along with additional annual leave and better benefits. However, as I speak to people, I am not sure if I asked for too low or are people generally just BS.

Should I be happy with the 25% increase or is that usually the minimum people look when moving to a new job in Dubai?

Thanks
Old Jul 26th 2016, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New job offer

Originally Posted by Taz786
Hi,

I have accepted a new job offer in Dubai. I know pay for roles depends on industry and experience. I moved to Dubai last year and guess the new opportunity provides a greater challenge to me.

I was initially excited getting a 25% increase in pay along with additional annual leave and better benefits. However, as I speak to people, I am not sure if I asked for too low or are people generally just BS.

Should I be happy with the 25% increase or is that usually the minimum people look when moving to a new job in Dubai?

Thanks
25% increase against what , 3000AED per month or 70,000AED and what do you do Brain Surgeon or Chai Wallah ?
Old Jul 26th 2016, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by co durham boy
25% increase against what , 3000AED per month or 70,000AED and what do you do Brain Surgeon or Chai Wallah ?
Hi,

Moving from 28 to 35k. Mid management within retail. Thanks
Old Jul 26th 2016, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Moving from 28 to 35k. Mid management within retail. Thanks
I'd say you're paid too much!
Old Jul 26th 2016, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

Charl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
I'd say you're paid too much!
I agree 100% way too much
Old Jul 26th 2016, 7:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

you've been here a year... and you don't know the market?
Old Jul 26th 2016, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Millhouse
you've been here a year... and you don't know the market?
The salary varies greatly between companies within the same industry. I thought I had a good deal (guess that's what the two previous post meant indirectly) but found out another company that pays considerably more.

I'm not trying to be greedy and grateful for my offer. I just raised the question on average salary % increases when people move jobs within Dubai.
Old Jul 26th 2016, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not trying to be greedy and grateful for my offer. I just raised the question on average salary % increases when people move jobs within Dubai.
I very much doubt that there is a benchmark. I have never - and never will - change jobs for money. Of course, with every job change I have got more, but that has never been the primary reason for moving.
Old Jul 26th 2016, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

KJinDoha is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
I suppose this would depend on the variance in responsibility and conditions. If your responsibilities and conditions are comparable then should your remuneration change? I would say not, in any free market scenario.
Old Jul 26th 2016, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

I very much doubt that there is a benchmark. I have never - and never will - change jobs for money. Of course, with every job change I have got more, but that has never been the primary reason for moving.
Thanks for your response. Guess there is no actual answer to my query and depends case on case. I am not moving cause of the money. It's a better role, more exposure and feel there will be more scope in the future.

But money is still important. Cause if I wasn't being paid, I wont be working this type of job.. Again im not trying to sound greedy and ungrateful incase it comes across that way.
Old Jul 26th 2016, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by KJinDoha
I suppose this would depend on the variance in responsibility and conditions. If your responsibilities and conditions are comparable then should your remuneration change? I would say not, in any free market scenario.
The role changes slightly and has diff KPI associated to it.. So can't compare it identically.
Old Jul 26th 2016, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

MILLY....I have only ever applied for a job where the salary is going to be more than my the current salary, and 99% of the time when you apply for role where the salary is more you are expected to take on more responsibility with career progression and so the two go hand in hand, IMHO. Obviously other factors also come into play when applying/accepting a new job...like the company itself, working hrs, etc
Old Jul 26th 2016, 2:11 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Thanks for your response. Guess there is no actual answer to my query and depends case on case. I am not moving cause of the money. It's a better role, more exposure and feel there will be more scope in the future.

But money is still important. Cause if I wasn't being paid, I wont be working this type of job.. Again im not trying to sound greedy and ungrateful incase it comes across that way.
Don't get greedy then.

That's a decent increase.

Give it a few more years and moves like this and you'll be a Regional Director on 60k in no time.
Old Jul 27th 2016, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scamp
Don't get greedy then.

That's a decent increase.

Give it a few more years and moves like this and you'll be a Regional Director on 60k in no time.
Lol, true. Thanks for the advice.

Note to self - Need to stop worrying about other people and how much their earning and be grateful with mine.
Old Jul 27th 2016, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, true. Thanks for the advice.

Note to self - Need to stop worrying about other people and how much their earning and be grateful with mine.
What other people earn is nothing to do with anyone but them . Look after No 1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.