New Job

Old Jul 29th 2017, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

Kauto Star is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Job

Hi, new to these boards, so if this question has been asked a million times already then I apologise.

I've been offered a job in Dubai and would be getting paid around 17500dhms per month plus a car. I have tried to renegotiate for 20k plus the car, but haven't heard back yet. Would this be enough to live a half decent lifestyle out there? I'm a single guy just about to hit 30. I don't know anybody out there so would probably be looking to join football teams, golf clubs, gym etc to try and make some new mates. I would also be looking to live in Marina or JBR area and would consider the option of sharing for a few months to get my bearings and maybe meet some new people etc.

If I took the move I would be debt free and would have approximately £40k in my bank account which I would be looking to keep there in case things don't work out and I need to come back and have a house deposit.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 30th 2017, 5:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Job

Hi there

Great place to find shared accommodation is on here ;

https://dubai.dubizzle.com/property-...mates/?page=16

And to be honest that sharing is about all that you will be able to afford on that salary.

It is doable, but if you like going out a lot then you will be struggling.

Look at at least 5k a month on accommodation, then you have food, and if your not into cooking will be about another 2 - 3k per month, then if you go out about 3 times a week you will be looking at a minimum of 500/night so there could be another 6k per month. So as you can see it soon adds up, and that is without the sport, andgolf is expensive here!