Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

A new business question (Also for Sher)

A new business question (Also for Sher)

Old May 12th 2005, 11:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of
Default A new business question (Also for Sher)

Hello people
I was just reading Shers thread and how she intends to come up here with her husband.
She also wants to know about getting a sponsor to set up a business.
Sher,most of the people,in Dubai and the whole of UAE,in order to start a business,they need to have a local sponsor,on 51/49% ownership basis.It can be either an investor with a stake in the firm,or,a partner only for formalities(everyone knows about it).This is what Sassy ment when she wrote about it.
This way,you can open a salon or a beauty center,or whatever you are interested in,anywhere in Dubai,and it usually works with the right amount for investment,advertising and ,one of the biggest marketing tools in Dubai,word of mouth.I always hear my wife,my mother and all their friends,many times that it is hard to find a proper venue for their pampering,and whenever they do,most of the time it is expensive.
My question is,is it possible,for Sher or whoever in her line of work,like hairdressers,makeup artists,etc...,to open a salon in DMC or DIC or one of the free zones(except JAFZ),I guess it would be feasible.Maybe there are such establishments there but,I havent gone there more than 6-7 times so hadnt noticed.
Anyone with good advice is welcome.

SS
Old May 12th 2005, 12:01 pm

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A new business question (Also for Sher)

Shou,

I work in DAFZA which is a little bit removed from the mainstream for a retail orientated business, however if you want to take a look at the requirements and an FAQ the link is:

Dubai Airport Free Zone

HTH a bit..
Old May 12th 2005, 12:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Welivehere
Shou,

I work in DAFZA which is a little bit removed from the mainstream for a retail orientated business, however if you want to take a look at the requirements and an FAQ the link is:

Dubai Airport Free Zone

HTH a bit..

HTH meaning????
Have to hear?Have to hide?Have to hump?????
Old May 12th 2005, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by shoushou
Hello people
I was just reading Shers thread and how she intends to come up here with her husband.
She also wants to know about getting a sponsor to set up a business.
Sher,most of the people,in Dubai and the whole of UAE,in order to start a business,they need to have a local sponsor,on 51/49% ownership basis.It can be either an investor with a stake in the firm,or,a partner only for formalities(everyone knows about it).This is what Sassy ment when she wrote about it.
This way,you can open a salon or a beauty center,or whatever you are interested in,anywhere in Dubai,and it usually works with the right amount for investment,advertising and ,one of the biggest marketing tools in Dubai,word of mouth.I always hear my wife,my mother and all their friends,many times that it is hard to find a proper venue for their pampering,and whenever they do,most of the time it is expensive.
My question is,is it possible,for Sher or whoever in her line of work,like hairdressers,makeup artists,etc...,to open a salon in DMC or DIC or one of the free zones(except JAFZ),I guess it would be feasible.Maybe there are such establishments there but,I havent gone there more than 6-7 times so hadnt noticed.
Anyone with good advice is welcome.

SS
There's a salon in DMC called the Cure, up at the BBC World building. Good for tootsies, waxing etc but pretty small & no hair styling as far as I know.
Old May 12th 2005, 12:08 pm

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

HTH meaning????
Have to hear?Have to hide?Have to hump?????
Hope that helped...

But some of your guesses are a lot more fun...
Old May 12th 2005, 12:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Shou,

Dubai Airport Free Zone

HTH a bit..
Thanks for the info WLH
Well Shers business activity is considered as a service company,not trading,and in most of the information given,it does not specify which kind of service oriented businesses are allowed or not to operate out of those free zones.
Do you have a mens or womens hair salons or parlours in DAFZA??Have you ever thought about this being a feasible adventure in zones such as these??
Old May 12th 2005, 12:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hope that helped...

But some of your guesses are a lot more fun...

That was way off
Old May 12th 2005, 12:35 pm

Thanks for the info WLH
Well Shers business activity is considered as a service company,not trading,and in most of the information given,it does not specify which kind of service oriented businesses are allowed or not to operate out of those free zones.
Do you have a mens or womens hair salons or parlours in DAFZA??Have you ever thought about this being a feasible adventure in zones such as these??
At moment there is nothing like this, there is small area that has a few coffee shops, post office etc but nothing along these lines. I can't imagine the beauty palour would work but a hair salon could be a viable option.

DAFAZ is expanding at a rapid rate (as are most things here) so it could be worth Sher other half having a driver round the area to see if there are other salons close enough to be a threat..
Old May 12th 2005, 12:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
There's a salon in DMC called the Cure, up at the BBC World building. Good for tootsies, waxing etc but pretty small & no hair styling as far as I know.
Hey LL
I just read your reply.Sorry .
There you go,how about an able bodied lady setting up shop over there?
Needs a small studying though.
Old May 12th 2005, 12:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

At moment there is nothing like this, there is small area that has a few coffee shops, post office etc but nothing along these lines. I can't imagine the beauty palour would work but a hair salon could be a viable option.

DAFAZ is expanding at a rapid rate (as are most things here) so it could be worth Sher other half having a driver round the area to see if there are other salons close enough to be a threat..
There you go.
A hair salon enterprise in all free zones could be the next wave then.
Better make for Damen und Herren,since it is a Free Zone.Speaking of free zones,is it possible to open up a watering hole in those areas????
Free people are also,people you know?
Old May 12th 2005, 12:53 pm
W10

I'm thinking about setting up a media company in the free zone. Is there any law about your company having to be your full time base? Or could you still work for another company and run your own company at the same time?

Old May 12th 2005, 12:56 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
I'm thinking about setting up a whore house in the free zone. Is there any law about your company having to be your full time base? Or could you still pimp for another company and run your own biaatches at the same time?
You might have problems securing a trade licence, or there may be sponsorship issues..ill check zappy explorer tonight..Interesting line of work your in though !
Old May 12th 2005, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by W10
I'm thinking about setting up a media company in the free zone. Is there any law about your company having to be your full time base? Or could you still work for another company and run your own company at the same time?
I couldn't find anything in the FAQ that covered it. but it could be worth giving them a call as a general enquiry:

Sales Section on 971-4-2027000.

Obviously there is no-one there today but Sat they are back..
Old May 12th 2005, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Originally Posted by W10
I'm thinking about setting up a whore house in the free zone. Is there any law about your company having to be your full time base? Or could you still pimp for another company and run your own biaatches at the same time?!
You might have problems securing a trade licence, or there may be sponsorship issues..ill check zappy explorer tonight..Interesting line of work your in though !
Class editing...
Old May 12th 2005, 1:14 pm
W10

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Good call...am I still allowed to slap my bitches up in the free zone? Or are there stupid equality rules there?

The launch may be delayed though, I'm currently in dispute with myself about my bling allowance - more specifically, how much I will be allowing myself to spend on a purple velvet suit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.