New to Abu Dhabi

Old Apr 2nd 2013, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

abudhabinewbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New to Abu Dhabi

Hi Everyone

Just arrived to Abu Dhabi just a few weeks ago and so far i am loving it (especially the weather).

Been busy trying to find an apartment, furniture, mobile phones, internet etc but thats all done now and i have realised i havent had an opportunity to meet people.

Whats the best way to meet people here? Any good groups? Im a 28 year old guy who enjoys all kinds of sports especially rugby, soccer and golf. Anyone fancy a round of golf or know of any societies i could join? would love to play some 5-a-side soccer as well. Will join a rugby team in september when the season starts again but thats too far away to play sport and meet people.

Im going to be living in Etihad towers if anyone is around there who fancies a pint or three.

Thanks for reading
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 7:15 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to Abu Dhabi

Welcome to BE, I am sure you will get a few more replies to this later, a lot of people are away with it being Easter etc
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

Hey, thanks Blue Cat.

Hopefully someone out there wants to make a new friend lol
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Hello! Buy Timeout and there will be a list of sporting clubs etc for you to try out. Is Eithad Towers the same as Jumeirah Towers, opposite Emirates Palace (having a blonde moment)?

There seems to be plenty of soccer and rugby that goes on, so you will be fine. Also, the golf clubs seem pretty flexible, albeit pricey and they will hook you up with other players for a round. Maybe get a few lessons with a pro and tap into their network?
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 8:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

A start will be not calling it soccer...
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Hey

Yes opposite emirates palace and literally beside Jumeriah hotel.

Spoke to someone at the rugby club and there isnt anything going on till september unfortunatly.

thanks for the advice, will call a few golf clubs and see if they can pair me up.
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

Scamp i dont normally call it soccer but everyone else seems to here and I didnt want to confuse people in case they thought i was talking about american football!
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 8:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by abudhabinewbie
Scamp i dont normally call it soccer but everyone else seems to here and I didnt want to confuse people in case they thought i was talking about american football!
Fortunately there is both available.

Get yourselves to the pub, you'll end up talking to someone...
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 8:57 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Scamp
Fortunately there is both available.

Get yourselves to the pub, you'll end up talking to someone...
And then take six months to get rid of your new best friend....
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 9:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kix
And then take six months to get rid of your new best friend....
Is that how long you cling on to people in a bar?
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 9:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al dente
Hello! Buy Timeout and there will be a list of sporting clubs etc for you to try out. Is Eithad Towers the same as Jumeirah Towers, opposite Emirates Palace (having a blonde moment)?

There seems to be plenty of soccer and rugby that goes on, so you will be fine. Also, the golf clubs seem pretty flexible, albeit pricey and they will hook you up with other players for a round. Maybe get a few lessons with a pro and tap into their network?
yeh etihad towers is the same same opp emirates palace etc.
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 9:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abudhabinewbie
Hi Everyone

Just arrived to Abu Dhabi just a few weeks ago and so far i am loving it (especially the weather).

Been busy trying to find an apartment, furniture, mobile phones, internet etc but thats all done now and i have realised i havent had an opportunity to meet people.

Whats the best way to meet people here? Any good groups? Im a 28 year old guy who enjoys all kinds of sports especially rugby, soccer and golf. Anyone fancy a round of golf or know of any societies i could join? would love to play some 5-a-side soccer as well. Will join a rugby team in september when the season starts again but thats too far away to play sport and meet people.

Im going to be living in Etihad towers if anyone is around there who fancies a pint or three.

Thanks for reading
rugby will be coming to an end, they finish like april. look at eggs for golf (emirates gentleman golf society) they play like once a month at various places.
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Had a look for Eggs but cant seem to find a link for them. Can you send me it please?

Thanks
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

Quackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really nice

If your watching sports then you can try Heros bar in Crown Plaza (not always sound) or NRG sports bar in the Le Meridian.
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 4:58 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Quackers
If your watching sports then you can try Heros bar in Crown Plaza (not always sound) or NRG sports bar in the Le Meridian.
Or Hemingways at the Sheraton near the Emirates Hotel, or PJ's if you're desperate, or Aly Pally if you're feeling desperate in a different way. Heroes best although it can get rammed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.