Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

municipality attestation

municipality attestation

Old Jan 7th 2008, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

manic panic is a jewel in the roughmanic panic is a jewel in the roughmanic panic is a jewel in the roughmanic panic is a jewel in the rough
Default municipality attestation

Hi guys

we have just been given our keys and tenancy agreement to our villa and I asked how we get the electric turned on and they said you need to get the tenency agreement attested by the municipality first and it costs 2% of the annual rental. Is this correct?
Old Jan 7th 2008, 3:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: municipality attestation

Originally Posted by manic panic
Hi guys

we have just been given our keys and tenancy agreement to our villa and I asked how we get the electric turned on and they said you need to get the tenency agreement attested by the municipality first and it costs 2% of the annual rental. Is this correct?
"Municipality attestation"???

I thought that was a medical condition..............
Old Jan 7th 2008, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

manic panic is a jewel in the roughmanic panic is a jewel in the roughmanic panic is a jewel in the roughmanic panic is a jewel in the rough

It will be if I have to shell out 2% of a years rent just to get the electric on !!!
Old Jan 7th 2008, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

expat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond repute

where is this for? which area are you located?
Old Jan 8th 2008, 5:07 am
Just Joined

In the lakes but I think now it is the deposit for Deewa(not sure of spelling!) and we get it back at end. Yet another surprise cost they just keep on coming
Old Jan 8th 2008, 5:12 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys

isn't there a guy in our husbands company who does all this stuff...usually there is, every so handy, those guys know everything and do in minutes what takes you hours...
Old Jan 8th 2008, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

it is 2000dhs deposit for Dewa. Take your tenancy agreement and your passport with you. You should ask the agent to give you the house DEWA account no,this will make it easier for you. The nearest Dewa to you is behind the Mazada(sp) centre near defense roundabout. (no longer a roundabout!!) Oh and you will have to pay a house tax which is 5% of your rental, they will add this to your Dewa bill each month..Bet they didn't tell you that either!!!
Old Jan 8th 2008, 6:22 am
Just Joined

Blimey anything else!!! I know its tax free out here but really is it? especially as my drinking habit has gone way up since been driving!!!
Old Jan 8th 2008, 6:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey anything else!!! I know its tax free out here but really is it? especially as my drinking habit has gone way up since been driving!!!
You can make your drinking habit cheaper by going to the "Hole in the wall" in ajman or the Barracuda in Um al Qwain. You dont need a licence to buy alcohol there and its a lot chaper than the MMI or A&E shops in Dubai. Just make sure you dont have an accident in Sharjah on your way back though !
Old Jan 8th 2008, 6:28 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
You can make your drinking habit cheaper by going to the "Hole in the wall" in ajman or the Barracuda in Um al Qwain. You dont need a licence to buy alcohol there and its a lot chaper than the MMI or A&E shops in Dubai. Just make sure you dont have an accident in Sharjah on your way back though !
and make sure not to drink and drive at any time....unless you want to lose some weight..in that case, go right ahead
Old Jan 8th 2008, 6:29 am
Just Joined

ThANKS,

Luckily we made getting a license a priority over a villa so all set!!!

If i did have an accident I would have drunk it all by time cops arrive anyway, mind you perhaps that not a good idea
Old Jan 8th 2008, 6:31 am
hmmmm...nice

ThANKS,

Luckily we made getting a license a priority over a villa so all set!!!

If i did have an accident I would have drunk it all by time cops arrive anyway, mind you perhaps that not a good idea
you should get the Explorer from a bookshop....all this sort of stuff about Dewa etc is written in there...and loads and loads more....first year I was here, I used it all the time...

Last edited by MataHari; Jan 8th 2008 at 6:39 am.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 6:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
you should get the Explorer from a bookshop....all this sort of stuff about Dewa etc is writting in there...and loads and loads more....first year I was here, I used it all the time...
yeh I got one of those before I moved out here. Was very useful
Just dont take any notice of the guidance they give on rents. Its already out of date before it hits the bookshelves!
Old Jan 8th 2008, 10:59 am
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
They have bulldozed the hole in the wall now. Pretty sure I noticed a rise in Barracuda's prices!!!
Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Miss Eck
They have bulldozed the hole in the wall now. Pretty sure I noticed a rise in Barracuda's prices!!!
they've openned a big new MMI in RAK though that is supposed to be cheap. will be heading up there and will check the prices!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.