Moving to Khobar

Old Jun 7th 2013, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Khobar

Teaching couples make some things easier for school ! eg Accommodation. School is mixed.
Old Jun 14th 2013, 10:00 am
Just Joined

Kuwaitteacher is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you. Do you know of any other decent British schools we should be looking at in Saudi?
Old Jul 31st 2013, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

billyiever is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oasis gardens - Al Khobar

Hi,

We are in the process of relocating to Al Khobar from Jeddah. We lived in this compound in 2007.

Can anyone please advise the condition, facilities or recommend if still the best compound or recommend alternative for British family with 2 young children 5 and 1 year old.

Thanks for any feedback!!!

Old Jul 31st 2013, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

Hi, I'm moving back to Al Khobar and have been offered a villa on Oasis Gardens. Hearing mixed reviews. Can anyone let me know good and bad points. Have 2 small children aged 1 and 5. Any feedback appreciated??? Thanks
Old Jul 31st 2013, 4:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Read this and you might have nightmares. Oasis was the location of a particularly grisly atrocity in 2004.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Khobar_massacre
Old Jul 31st 2013, 4:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Default Re: Oasis gardens - Al Khobar

Do a Google on Oasis 2004

Horror stories abound

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Khobar_massacre

Last edited by scot47; Jul 31st 2013 at 4:58 pm.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 7:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Did my story frighten them away ?
Old Aug 4th 2013, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

Hi, I mentioned we'd lived there in 2007, well after the tragic events of 2004. Your post is really not of any value and is frankly like saying don't go to London after those tragic events and similarly don't go to to New York after 9/11.... We are moving to Al Khobar and I'm looking for some advice on whether the compound is up to scratch or whether people can help and give suggestions on where to live.....

I appreciate your feedback, but please understand we aren't novices and are looking for relevant current suggestions......
Old Aug 5th 2013, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If you company is any good at all, they should be fixing up accommodation for you. To throw you into the Saudi Real Estate Jungle and expect you to find a place yourself is not the sign of a caring employer.
Old Mar 8th 2014, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

mia carlin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I've just accepted a job at BISAK for Sept 2014 but can't find any info or pictures of Oasis Garden Compound. Really excited to hear or see what it is like!
Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Old Mar 9th 2014, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

sicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond repute

I've got some friends there and have used their facilities on a number of occasions. Oasis is a very large compound divided into smaller ones so it might be good if you can find out which part you'll be housed on specifically. On Tulip Park, housing seems a bit dated unless you are in one of the flats there. I can vouch for the flats being very nice although there's no garden to speak of, just a back door hard surfaced yard.

I see lots of kids playing in the streets and stuff when I go so I guess it's popular with families. Good pool, tennis courts (indoors and outdoors)... but there are rumours that the Saad Group who own it are not the best landlords. Some of the houses look like they could do with a lick of paint here and there.

If you have specific questions, please PM me as I'm sure my friends could help out with more detailed answers.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mia carlin
Hi,

I've just accepted a job at BISAK for Sept 2014 but can't find any info or pictures of Oasis Garden Compound. Really excited to hear or see what it is like!
Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Hi, we live on the Oasis compound and my daughter goes to the school. Lots of families live on the compound, there are pools, good gym, shop, restaurant and tennis courts. It's quite green, lots of trees around and we are happy enough. The school seems well run and my daughter enjoys it so i'm sure you'll have a great time! Good luck
Old Mar 15th 2014, 9:36 am
Just Joined

Bob12345 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oasis gardens has gone downhill quite a lot. The owners aren't paying for things to be done or looked after. Facilities are closing down due to staff not being paid to run it. Depends what type of accommodation you are in, whether it's a nice looked after house, or a single apartment. Fine for families but not a lot to do if you're over there as a single person. No social events at all. Lots of jobs advertised this year meaning lots of staff leaving!

From the international schools review website...
Be extremely wary of the Principal of British International School Al Khobar who will tell you anything to join the school. He paints a wonderful picture in hues of silver and gold and is a sweet talker and good at telling tales, but remember all that glistens is not gold!
Old Mar 27th 2014, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

Bclc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi bob12345,

Interested in your last sentence. Can you expand on this?

Also, just wondering if anyone can give me some info on how secure life is in Al Khobar and Saudi in general.
Old Mar 29th 2014, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
If you company is any good at all, they should be fixing up accommodation for you. To throw you into the Saudi Real Estate Jungle and expect you to find a place yourself is not the sign of a caring employer.

But we all know we are preaching to dead ears.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.