Reload this Page >

Moving to Dubai & cohabiting

Moving to Dubai & cohabiting

Old May 5th 2013, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

EnglishG789 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Dubai & cohabiting

Hi,

I'm moving to Dubai within the next 4-6 weeks and was wondering what the situation is with your partner?!?. I intend on proposing to my gf and obviously want her to live with me. My only query is that she is from the Ukraine, is currently working in Dubai but is possibly going to stop working and concentrate on studying once we are married. For her visa to remain active in Dubai does she need to be in either education or employment or does being my wife suffice laws in Dubai?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old May 5th 2013, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Dubai & cohabiting

Originally Posted by EnglishG789
Hi,

I'm moving to Dubai within the next 4-6 weeks and was wondering what the situation is with your partner?!?. I intend on proposing to my gf and obviously want her to live with me. My only query is that she is from the Ukraine, is currently working in Dubai but is possibly going to stop working and concentrate on studying once we are married. For her visa to remain active in Dubai does she need to be in either education or employment or does being my wife suffice laws in Dubai?

it is not allowed to live as an unmarried couple'. but it's fine if your not caught. if your married and can afford to sponsor her (if she isnt already on an education visa) then it's also fine.
Old May 5th 2013, 4:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

you would need to marry then she can be on your visa.
Old May 5th 2013, 7:03 pm
Off Topic

northbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nice

she is from the Ukraine, is currently working in Dubai but is possibly going to stop working
O sancta simplicitas!
Old May 6th 2013, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I'm moving to Dubai within the next 4-6 weeks and was wondering what the situation is with your partner?!?. I intend on proposing to my gf and obviously want her to live with me. My only query is that she is from the Ukraine, is currently working in Dubai but is possibly going to stop working and concentrate on studying once we are married. For her visa to remain active in Dubai does she need to be in either education or employment or does being my wife suffice laws in Dubai? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Would be interested to know what your Ukrainian ladyfriend does for a living and why she might want to stop working if/when she marries you.
Old May 6th 2013, 10:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

You want to live together legally in the UAE you have to get married. That is it. I do not share Mentalist's curiosity about what your Ukrainka does for a living.
Old May 6th 2013, 10:36 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
Would be interested to know what your Ukrainian ladyfriend does for a living and why she might want to stop working if/when she marries you.
No need for that. Your wife is from Africa, correct? How would you feel if someone made that comment to you?
Old May 6th 2013, 10:53 am
Off Topic

northbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nice

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
How would you feel if someone made that comment to you?
He will be asked those questions anyway when he will want to bring her to UK/EU.
http://europa.eu/legislation_summari.../l33063_en.htm
Old May 6th 2013, 10:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

If he has any sense he will go and live in Kiev and forget about Kidderminster or Kirkcaldy !