Moving to Dubai

Old Oct 10th 2015, 8:40 am
Just Joined

Browneyes82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Dubai

Hi there, I am hoping someone can offer me some advice please? I have been offered a relocation package through my Employer to move to Dubai. I have a partner of 3 years and we currently live together but are not married. I have read several different stories about this as I am aware that in the eyes of the law in the UAE, it is illegal. I am being provided with a hotel for a few weeks until I find accommodation so am wondering should my Partner come with me when I leave or wait until I have found somewhere to live? He has no work or anything lined up and I am aware that I will not be able to sponsor him so will be travelling on a 30 day Visa initially. Any advice would be really appreciated as I am going in 3 weeks! Thank you in advance.
Old Oct 11th 2015, 6:54 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Dubai

doesnt matter, as long as you dont flaunt it in the corridors or the lobby downstairs or proclaim it loudly over the loud speakers of your local masjid, no one really cares what or who you do or where you live or who you live with basically
why only 30 days, apply through emirates and he can get a 90 days visit visa I am sure
Old Oct 11th 2015, 8:03 am
Just Joined

Thank you.
Old Oct 14th 2015, 8:28 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

You don't state your gender: if you're male too it'll probably be easier. If not, then just be discreet and don't get into any other trouble. I'm not aware of any cases of trouble arising from the mere fact of cohabitation--however, get into any other trouble, and that indiscretion becomes an issue.
Old Oct 14th 2015, 10:18 am
Just Joined

I am female.
Old Oct 14th 2015, 10:55 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I live with my mrs and we aren't married. I always refer to her as my wife (the lucky lady).

Just don't piss people off or get in trouble *touches wood*
Old Oct 14th 2015, 10:56 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

That's what they all say.
Old Oct 14th 2015, 10:58 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I live with my mrs and we aren't married. I always refer to her as my wife (the lucky lady).

Just don't piss people off or get in trouble *touches wood*
I think you'll find that it's the touching wood that's the issue...
Old Oct 14th 2015, 12:34 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Meow
I think you'll find that it's the touching wood that's the issue...
Cloth if you're caught.
Old Oct 22nd 2015, 9:43 am
Just Joined

Desertrose7 is an unknown quantity at this point

To get a residence visa, your Partner will need sponsorship from an employer or family member. Residence visa needed to open bank account, get driving licence etc. Your employer will sponsor you but you cannot sponsor a 'partner'.
Old Oct 22nd 2015, 9:50 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

well..
you can open an account on a visit visa as well
u wont get a cheque book thats all
but yeah what she said
btw may i recommend you just spend a bit more and open a company in RAK and your partner can get a 'partner visa', yep, thats what its called, a partner in a company
my dubai one costs me about 25k a year, I am told its cheaper for RAK
https://www.google.ae/search?client=...aKIIL9Odi_pNAI