Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

MoveCorp Review - UK to Dubai - poor!

MoveCorp Review - UK to Dubai - poor!

Old Jun 13th 2017, 8:28 am
Just Joined

t1nners is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MoveCorp Review - UK to Dubai - poor!

For anyone relocating and searching for an international removal company, some experience from our move (family 4 bedroom UK to Dubai) with MoveCorp.

We negotiated cost down to 5k GBP for a full container to relocate from UK to Dubai in late 2016.

In summary we would never use them or the insurance company again.

A shambles.....not sure if this is normal for relocation (this is our first foreign assignment) but in hindsight I wish I'd saved my 5K and bought stuff locally......

PROS
- UK side of the service good to begin with. Efficient quote and agreement process
- We paid for packing and they arrived when they said they would
- Things were boxed well for the most part. Exception would be an Xbox which was packed loose next to its empty box.....

CONS
- The "detailed inventory" / list of contents they made was one word for each box, no detailed inventory as was requested and promised. This led to big issues on arrival (see below)
- On arrival in Dubai we were left to manage the organisation of the local company employed by MoveCorp
- The local company arrived with boxes piled high on two small vans, looking like they had just been thrown onto the van. Needless to say we had damaged lamps, a broken fridge, one full box lost, broken crockery etc.
- They had ~10 people unloading 5 - 10 boxes at a time and thankfully I had a copy of the inventory to cross of anything missing or broken as they didn't
- Anything which failed to arrive (one full box in our case) or arrived damaged (in our case multiple items) became our responsibility to sort out directly with the insurance company. (Zero help from MoveCorp)
- Unless your container falls off the boat, the insurance is worth nothing.
- Because we had no detailed inventory the claims process was impossible.
- We lost a whole box of almost new lego models of my sons, and were offered 75GBP to replace hundreds of pounds worth of lego.
- for the damaged fridge we were offered no quick solution so had to replace it ourselves (given we are living in a country which is 40 degrees plus)
- I was told to find my own repair companies and give the insurance company quotes. There is no authorised repairer for our fridge in Dubai so we could not get it properly repaired.
- The insurance company (Removal Claims Service, Leatherhead, Surrey) adopted the approach of trying to minimize their loss and trying to avoid paying for our loss/damage. We gave up in the end which I suppose is what they wanted.

Trustpilot Review here:
https://www.trustpilot.com/reviews/5...b79f0b9c74f937
Old Jun 13th 2017, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MoveCorp Review - UK to Dubai - poor!

I had a look at your review - some good points for me to remember when i finally pack up.

Why don't you report your dissatisfaction and issues to their Ombudsman ?
Old Jun 13th 2017, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MoveCorp Review - UK to Dubai - poor!

Never heard of anyone shipping their white goods to Dubai.

Sorry you had a bad experience. Not surprising the UK end was ok and the Dubai end wasn't. It's what happens when it's a no-name firm. The big players like Crown or Move One tend to be more reliable although people have had issues.