Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor

Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor

Old Jun 3rd 2012, 9:06 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor

Originally Posted by commander
I wouldn't even begin to go down that route. The guys put him in a taxi..paid for it and told the driver to go to Port Rashid. If the taxi dropped him off at the main entrance to the gate, then he had one hell of a drunken walk to the ship..loads of places to get lost...however OFFICIAL taxi's are allowed in and would have taken him right to the security by the ship.

Again, if a taxi dropped him off at the gate and he was (I'm assuming) mega blotted, they would most likely deny him entry and call the police. That didn't happen, otherwise the police would know about it.

They need to find the taxi driver
Very good point. From the security gate at the port to the ship was ****ing miles and the place is huge.

Commander is right - I saw an official cab in there by a Pakistani ship that was about 50mtrs from Westminster.

Also, he's got a point about being leathered then the police would be callled, so it's an easy question to Security on duty if he arrived or not. If not then the Taxi has to be the primary direction to be hunting.

Anyone know anyone in the RTA?
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 9:07 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I'm assuming that the Port have said that he didn't check back in through security?

Unlike most things here the Port Rashid security guys were pretty sharp when we went through, and we had the guy on the ship with us, with a letter and all our ID's etc....so they didn't receive him back through security?

Were the other lads far behind him?

Paying for a cab in advance, could have been a private one of the hotel / bars. Could of course be normal too but if he couldn't pay for it then he must have been pretty smashed.

In answer to your question, I've never heard of anything like that happening, but franky; it depends on who ran who over I expect. Let's just keep hoping he's somewhere safe.
Scamp, as long as he had his I.D card on him, he would just need to flash that at security, there is no logging in or out for ships company. There would have been quite a few taxi's coming and going at 2am on a Saturday night so the security more than likely have no record of who came and went. They do have CCTV though..

The answers are there, it just depends how much co-operation is given by the police.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 9:09 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Scamp, as long as he had his I.D card on him, he would just need to flash that at security, there is no logging in or out for ships company. There would have been quite a few taxi's coming and going at 2am on a Saturday night so the security more than likely have no record of who came and went. They do have CCTV though..

The answers are there, it just depends how much co-operation is given by the police.
True, that's why the RN need to swing some weight with the Embassy and local Government.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone know anyone in the RTA?
am waiting to hear from 1 of my local friends, her father is RTA.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 9:31 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
am waiting to hear from 1 of my local friends, her father is RTA.
I might have one lead....I know a local chap who's daughter was the first elected female MP.

I've emailed him about something else today, but when he replies I'll send him the a link. Does anyone have one that's not the Daily Mail / Sun?
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 9:38 am
Just Joined

Cannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really nice

Scamp are you on Facebook? I have loads of pictures and information on there but I can't seem to upload it to here!
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 9:39 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Cannadine
Scamp are you on Facebook? I have loads of pictures and information on there but I can't seem to upload it to here!
Yeah I am.

PM me what to search for and I'll copy / paste into an email to this local chap.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 9:40 am
Account Closed

Yeah I am.

PM me what to search for and I'll copy / paste into an email to this local chap.
In fact, if it's just a group / page rather than your name / details then post on here so all can see / join.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

Does anyone have one that's not the Daily Mail / Sun?
BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18297791
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 9:43 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6915686332976/
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 9:43 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Cypselos
Thanks.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 9:47 am
Just Joined

Cannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really nice

Thanks commander, this is the group that timmys friends have set up!

We really appreciate everything you guys are doing to help track him
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 10:05 am
banned

Originally Posted by Cannadine
Thanks commander, this is the group that timmys friends have set up!

We really appreciate everything you guys are doing to help track him
yea, i have been speaking to a few of them on there...i think for us to help better, we need to know 'warts and all' of exactly what happened.

If people know it was a non-official taxi, then let us know as it is then pointless hounding the RTA as they wont know..
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 10:16 am
Account Closed

yea, i have been speaking to a few of them on there...i think for us to help better, we need to know 'warts and all' of exactly what happened.

If people know it was a non-official taxi, then let us know as it is then pointless hounding the RTA as they wont know..
Perhaps if it was one offered by the bar / hotel then would they be willing to provide assistance or would they just deny it because it's not legal? (assume it is but don't know anything about licensing for that sort of thing etc that may want them to distance themselves)
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 11:01 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

and share this poster for those who haven't seen it in the group
Attached Thumbnails Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor-missing.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.