Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor

Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor

Old Jun 2nd 2012, 8:13 am
Just Joined

Cannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really nice
Default Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor

Hello,

A friends husband has been missing for 7 days now in Dubai, there is nothing so far in the news over there of his disappearance so we are now relying on anybody living or staying over there for any information or sightings at all.

Please please help us find him. Timmy was last seen getting into a taxi At 2am on Sunday morning after leaving Rock bottom cafe at the regent palace hotel in the bur Dubai area.

Timmy was last seen wearing a red moto gp t shirt, long dark shorts and White trainers. He is approx 5 ft 8" has brown hair and speaks with a Scottish accent.

I can't attach a picture for some reason but if you think you may have seen him then please please get in touch, you can google his name and it'll come up with a picture too.

Please get in touch with me.

Thankyou to anybody that tries to help
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 8:29 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor

Hi. There is a lot of comment from people I work with here in Dubai on FB, so I suspect quite large coverage amongst the expat community. Also a thread on here http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=760366
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 8:50 am
Just Joined

Cannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really nice

I really hope there is lots of coverage, I don't know where else to post to try and get this 'out there'.
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 8:50 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

6 days missing...surely the police can trace the taxi that picked him up outside Rock Bottoms?

Did he leave alone?

Knowing matelot's like I do, having been one for over a decade, he prob took a detour back to Port Rashid via a pizza place or suchlike.

The taxi's also take sailors right up to the security chacon's next to the ship, where there are security guards and the ships QM is in view.

So...where the **** did he go in that taxi....
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 8:54 am
Just Joined

Yes, stupidly his shipmates put him in a taxi back to the ship... I know that bar does potent cocktails so he probably did stop somewhere to get food or something.

I'm not sure what the police are doing at the moment but I know we have people out looking for him. The cab driver is who they need to find. I just pray that someone sees him or has seen him
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 9:22 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cannadine
Yes, stupidly his shipmates put him in a taxi back to the ship... I know that bar does potent cocktails so he probably did stop somewhere to get food or something.

I'm not sure what the police are doing at the moment but I know we have people out looking for him. The cab driver is who they need to find. I just pray that someone sees him or has seen him
Quite, I have been rolled out of there into a taxi many times. They do sell 'bullfrogs' that are very potent.

Agree, they need to find the cab driver who picked him up...then begin to trace where he ended up.
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nding-him.html

There was a case a few years ago, a girl's boyfriend went missing. The police and hospitals all said that he wasn't anywhere to be found. It took about 5 days to find him in a hospital, he had been knocked over and even though somebody went to the hospital and asked if anybody of that description had been admitted they were told no.
Somebody needs to ask Rock Bottom management to look through the security videos at the door, hopefully it will show the road outside.
The Embassy are pretty hopeless too. Try and get somebody to visit all the hospitals with a description and a rough time that he disappeared.
Good luck.

Last edited by Patsy Stoned; Jun 2nd 2012 at 10:42 am.
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

I got this from the Daily Mail, hope it helps. Can everybody spread it round please xxx
Attached Thumbnails Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor-article-2153153-136658d0000005dc-6_634x413.jpg  
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 11:41 am
Just Joined

DXB01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Snippets of news have been fed through over the past week regarding Timmy. Many of the Expats in Dubai knew members of HMS Westminster. The main story was broke in the British press on Friday.
As Friday and Saturday are the weekends here, expect a higher level of coverage of the story on Sunday this week.
Such a sad story and worry for his Wife, Chldren and all of the family & friends. Let's hope that the authorities are given full access to the CCTV and Taxi GPS data that is required and let's get Timmy back home to his family.
#findtimmy
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 12:34 pm
banned

Originally Posted by DXB01
Snippets of news have been fed through over the past week regarding Timmy. Many of the Expats in Dubai knew members of HMS Westminster. The main story was broke in the British press on Friday.
As Friday and Saturday are the weekends here, expect a higher level of coverage of the story on Sunday this week.
Such a sad story and worry for his Wife, Chldren and all of the family & friends. Let's hope that the authorities are given full access to the CCTV and Taxi GPS data that is required and let's get Timmy back home to his family.
#findtimmy
Exactly..the CCTV footage from rock bottoms (I'm sure they have camera's at the door) can maybe pick up the taxi number. Also as you say, the RTA have GPS records of what cars picked up where etc..

Also Patsy is soo correct, just because nobody from the police or hospitals have come forward doesn't mean that he is not in a hospital. Remember this is totally incompetent sometimes!
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 2:24 pm
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute

If there are members of his family reading this forum - is there any way someone can get out to Dubai?

Telephone enquiries are so often totally inadequate in this region. As Patsy has stated, he could be somewhere like a hospital but nobody is able to confirm this for you due to a whole variety of reasons including language problems and total incompetency.

If he was totally lashed the taxi driver may have taken him straight to a police station...

Someone who knows him, armed with pictures and tenacity, may be able to track him down.
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

I know they left some people behind off the ship to look for him but I am sure someone in his family will be flying out ASAP to help find him. I will ask and see if they have sent anyone out.
Thankyou all for your support in this Awful situation
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 2:52 pm
banned

I know they left some people behind off the ship to look for him but I am sure someone in his family will be flying out ASAP to help find him. I will ask and see if they have sent anyone out.
Thankyou all for your support in this Awful situation
Fingers crossed. I'm going to inbox you a message shortly.

You leave the navy but you never leave the navy, if that makes sense. If I can help out with any logistics etc, have someone contact me.
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

Commander I totally agree, I am ex navy too... I don't think I will ever truly leave.
I don't know what else I can do to try and help get timmy found.
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Commander I totally agree, I am ex navy too... I don't think I will ever truly leave.
I don't know what else I can do to try and help get timmy found.
Don't worry ..the 'expat community' has been alerted and they are very good at drawing attention to things and shaking stuff up.
There is nothing more effective than expats on a mission, we are a mixed bunch on this 'bored' but between us we do know an awful lot of people in all sorts of high (or low) places

I have asked a local friend of mine with connections to the CID to have a look into this

Last edited by Patsy Stoned; Jun 2nd 2012 at 4:11 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.