Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Middle East - travelling to risky zones

Middle East - travelling to risky zones

Old May 27th 2015, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

buffpaff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Middle East - travelling to risky zones

I am trying to get a job at Roeder and they want me to be in charge of their renting department that covers, among other things, rescue halls and tents - http://www.r-zs.com/en/space-solutio.../rescue-halls/. They are active at war zones in Middle East and I would be required to travel there, from time to time.

Would you take on a job like this? That part of the world is, as we all know, very unstable and dangerous. But that adventurous dimension kind of attracts me to the job. In addition, the conditions are great and I would accept them in a heartbeat if there wasnt this geo factor.
Old May 29th 2015, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Middle East - travelling to risky zones

A fair few travel back and forth between the UAE and Iraq and Afghanistan for work. Lots of security companies based in the UAE.

They seem to be doing fine.

Originally Posted by buffpaff
I am trying to get a job at Roeder and they want me to be in charge of their renting department that covers, among other things, rescue halls and tents - http://www.r-zs.com/en/space-solutio.../rescue-halls/. They are active at war zones in Middle East and I would be required to travel there, from time to time.

Would you take on a job like this? That part of the world is, as we all know, very unstable and dangerous. But that adventurous dimension kind of attracts me to the job. In addition, the conditions are great and I would accept them in a heartbeat if there wasnt this geo factor.
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 1:09 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on exactly where you'd be and with whom. It's a massive region and even in places like Iraq and Afghanistan there is a big difference between areas and how companies operate.
Old Jun 4th 2015, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

FriendlyExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

I would be wary about being too specific about your job - your potential employer will probably read this forum and might identify you...if you haven't already, I would obfuscate your identity slightly.