Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Manchester bomb thread

Manchester bomb thread

Old May 24th 2017, 1:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manchester bomb thread

Originally Posted by carcajou
Exactly right.
copied from faceache though - let's not give him any credit for it.
Old May 24th 2017, 2:13 pm
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I'd argue that you have pushed your political agenda more than he did. I failed to see the politics, yet you did.
Oh come on, Point 3? And you know this is the entrance to a rabbit hole down which to lure people. Bad taste here and now.
Old May 24th 2017, 2:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
Oh come on, Point 3? And you know this is the entrance to a rabbit hole down which to lure people. Bad taste here and now.
Yeh. I thought about point three as I guessed that was the one you had the issue with. It's how he feels and objectively a lot of people are called racists for making such comments.

His comments may be in bad taste but they are his (well copied from someone else as he has no original thought) cynical observation of the pattern that seems to have emerged.

Liberal freedoms are great and are exactly what is being tested and undermined. Let's try and perseve them. That's how we win.
Old May 24th 2017, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

So, the parents have been arrested in Libya as they're all part of the cell.

Why don't take away their citizenship? They came here as refugees, running away from a regime they didn't like.

Then killed 8 year olds.

Why don't muslims seek refuge in other muslim countries?
Why do they want to go to Christian countries?
Why do muslim countries (UAE included) refuse to accept them?

And they are all my own words.
Old May 24th 2017, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

I did not see the politics in Millhouse's post, let alone anything "deeply political." His post highlighted how our response to these attacks has been ineffective.
Old May 25th 2017, 5:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing

We should as Lebanon. I reckon they'd be annoyed at the 5,000 Syrians the UK has taken compared to the million+ they have.
Old May 25th 2017, 5:41 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

OK, since this has effectively now fully hijacked this thread and this needs a response then it seems this is the place.

Specific comments included under the relevant points below but the basis for my objection to this seemingly anodyne recital is that it is in fact insidiously vicious making unsupported and invalid assertions with potentially chilling implications. The core issue is that the underlying contention is that we are content to sit back and let this happen without doing anything meaningful to resist or stop this kind of attack.

This underlying contention is patently untrue. A huge amount of law enforcement and intelligence resources are dedicated (mostly successfully) to detecting and preventing these kinds of attacks and then following up with punitive action once culprits are identified. Think drone strikes and specific commando raids against identified significant figures in the responsible organisations and the massive western logistical support for the ground war against Daesh. That is to say nothing about the numerous counter terrorism laws and initiatives that have been implemented, often resulting in restrictions to our freedoms.

The implication of this contention is that we are somehow paralysed by political correctness and afraid to do anything. Again, this is utter bullsh*t. The further implication is that because we are not doing anything or enough that we should do more. What is the more? Arrest all Muslims? Conduct a ground war in Syria? Please do tell.....

We all know the protocol by now -
1. This has nothing to do with Islam. This is a deliberate distortion. The public policy position of most western governments is that this is not representative or characteristic of Islam any more than the justifications for crusades or slavery or apartheid drawn from the bible are characteristic of Christianity.
2. The guy was a mentally ill 'lone wolf'. Well that little right wing fantasy didn't take long to be proven wrong and the press are reporting exactly the opposite already. The Westminster attacker clearly was a lone wolf albeit radicalised online. Guess what, respectable news institutions try to report the truth. By the way, information about this case is being leaked by the Americans faster than UK authorities want. An agenda here??
3. Those who object to points 1 and 2 are racist bigots. Said who? Any liberal equivalent to Katie Hopkins doesn't exactly count but again a stupid distortion designed to undermine perfectly reasonable and serious positions that people take
4. Change Facebook profile to flag of inflicted country.
5. Light some candles, hold a vigil and go on a peace march.
6. Wait for the next slaughter to happen.
7. Repeat
Old May 25th 2017, 5:46 am
...we killed the flame

So, the parents have been arrested in Libya as they're all part of the cell.

Why don't take away their citizenship? They came here as refugees, running away from a regime they didn't like.

Then killed 8 year olds.

I don't disagree with most of your points here but a couple of qualifications.

Let's have a proper trial before finding the family guilty.

And by far the majority of middle east refugees (85%+) are in Muslim countries: Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan are bearing the massive brunt of the conflict in Syria and Iraq. The Gulf countries are pretty despicable in this respect but be honest, do you want a surge of refugees landing in the UAE?
Old May 25th 2017, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

The uncomfortable truth is that the liberal lefties are looking for reasons and excuses and don't face the fact that in the last 20 years pretty much all terrorist attacks in the west have been done in the name of islam (Incidentally has the mullah from the mosque where the bomber and his family worshipped said anything about the attacks? No. Perhaps that is part of the problem, the muslim community accept it), yes I know that some of the IRA for example were devout RCs too. The bomber's father and brother have both been arrested in Libya, the country they fled to gain safe sanctuary in Britain, now Libya is a very different place now, some would say even worse than before with numerous ISIS cells based there, so why do the family keep returning?

An example, Andy Burnham (new mayor of Manc) yesterday said he disapproved of the term ‘Islamic terrorism’. Abedi was ‘a terrorist, an extremist, not a Muslim’. This is the problem, why don't the liberal lefties call a spade a spade, of course he's a muslim, an islamic terrorist, are they scared that the term may "offend" someone?

Getting back to the "religion" (I'm an atheist btw), after 7/7 that killed 52 people a YouGov poll found that 6% of the muslim community supported the attacks. That's 60,000+ people in the UK that hate the UK and want it to be a caliphate, what should be done with them?

And let's not get started on the fact that some 97% of all prosecuted child groomers in the UK are muslims too.
Old May 25th 2017, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

The uncomfortable truth is that the liberal lefties are looking for reasons and excuses and don't face the fact that in the last 20 years pretty much all terrorist attacks in the west have been done in the name of islam (Incidentally has the mullah from the mosque where the bomber and his family worshipped said anything about the attacks? No. Perhaps that is part of the problem, the muslim community accept it).
I'm sorry but i find this deeply offensive!! I didn't even bother reading beyond what i have copied above.
Firstly DO NOT lump ALL muslims with what this mental mofo did....what he did has absolutely NOTHING to do with me (ie me being a muslim) or all those muslims that i know around the world - it's mindsets like this that are the biggest issue.
Secondly just because he was a muslim, don't assume that's what Islam is all about....i don't care what anyone says, but as far as i am concerned MY Islam teaches me tolerances, kindness, humility etc...not f*king going around bombing humans left, right & centre.
Thirdly as atrocious as what this guy did, it is no different to the US bombing muslim countries that it wants to control, with hundreds of thousands of innocent lives being lost.
Old May 25th 2017, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Getting back to the "religion" (I'm an atheist btw), after 7/7 that killed 52 people a YouGov poll found that 6% of the muslim community supported the attacks. That's 60,000+ people in the UK that hate the UK and want it to be a caliphate, what should be done with them?

And let's not get started on the fact that some 97% of all prosecuted child groomers in the UK are muslims too.
LMAO - you are truly on drugs
Old May 25th 2017, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Desert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really nice

Says the Muslim hating Atheist living in a Muslim country.
Old May 25th 2017, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Arnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Desert Shaikh
living in a Muslim country.
The most confused and bitter of all.

Originally Posted by A Schwarzenegger
"You have two possible paths ahead. Try to challenge yourself, to give back, to add something to the world. Or you can stay on your path, and keep being a sad pitiful jealous Internet troll who adds nothing to the world but mocks anyone who does out of small-minded jealousy.

"I know that all you really want is attention, so let me be clear. If you choose to keep going this way, no one will ever remember you."

Last edited by BEVS; May 29th 2017 at 6:35 am. Reason: Correctly attribute this quote
Old May 25th 2017, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
We should as Lebanon. I reckon they'd be annoyed at the 5,000 Syrians the UK has taken compared to the million+ they have.

Or Jordan. Which is part of the problem. Legitimate and genuine refugees are getting left behind in UN camps etc, while fake ones like this Libyan family get asylum in Europe and then go back to Libya, or like the Iranian refugees in Australia whose refugee visas are now up for cancellation due to repeated holiday trips back to Iran.

The debate is caught up between the extremists - those on the far right who equate Islam = Bad or the social media brigade who define "refugee" as anyone from anywhere, coming to Europe for any reason (ie, the Merkel definition, in actions if not in words). All of this compounded by a very, very naive media who don't have the sophistication to understand the issue and thus fan the flames. A year or so ago there was a writer in the Washington Post who compared the Danish government to the Nazis because he didn't like something they did with their refugee policy. If that's not losing it, I don't know what is.

European refugee policy is a disaster and needs a complete re-do - both to make sure legitimate refugees are in fact the ones who have access, and to keep out fake ones and those with nefarious motives. But this isn't going to happen because the issue is a hostage to the two extremist viewpoints right now.
Old May 25th 2017, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Salman Abedi: How Manchester attacker turned from cannabis-smoking dropout to Isis suicide bomber | The Independent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.