Maid/Nanny options

Maid/Nanny options

Old Sep 15th 2014, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

abudhabinewbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Maid/Nanny options

Hi Everyone

We are expecting next year and i want to understand my options for baby care
We will both be working so will need someone to look after the baby when my wife returns to work

We do not want a live in maid/nanny and to be honest we dont really want to go through the whole visa process either of getting a maid

Are there options to have someone look after the baby from Monday to thursday during working hours? Say 8am till 5pm?

I have looked at nurseries but they are useless as they close most of the summer, xmas etc and they are very expensive!

Any help at all would be great guys
Old Sep 15th 2014, 5:54 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Maid/Nanny options

Expat woman.com is your best resource.
Old Sep 15th 2014, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Your only legal options are:
1. Sponsor a maid/nanny fulltime. She can live with you, or you can pay her more and let her live elsewhere. Whatever hours she actually works for you, you'll still be paying her full-time.
2. Contract via an agency for part-time support. This is likely to be more expensive than option 1, and you'll risk having them chop and change the maid (unless you can find the one and only well-run agency (don't ask me - I haven't yet...)).

Part time maid work is illegal unless you use a licensed agency, though people do it. There is a hefty fine (I think in the hundreds of thousands) if caught. Many people have done it for years, but you need to think carefully about the risks before going down that route.

It is a very difficult problem, and the reason why so many intelligent and experienced women here struggle to work - childcare options are abysmal compared to the UK unless you wish to throw large sums of money at the problem.

The people here are normally very helpful with these sorts of issues: Abu Dhabi Woman Recommended
Old Sep 16th 2014, 8:45 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Almost all maids are maids, not nannies. Some have experience with babies, but not all and or not in a way that would make you comfortable. There is no registered agency which supervises nannies.