Living in Al Ain

Old Jul 11th 2007, 12:10 pm
Joe
Just Joined

Joe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Living in Al Ain

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Al Ain English Speaking School and Chouiefat at the two that I have heard off.
Are these two schools comparable to a highschool or mor elementary schools ?
Old Jul 11th 2007, 12:15 pm
Joe
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Amazing Grace
Oh yes i forgot that, Joe keep posting I dont want to mention names on a public site until we speak. My husband works at Al Ain Hospital and has been there two weeks now. Do you have children or will it be just the two of you. I have got the name of a contact in Al Ain for accommodation but once you get confirmations about different things, I may have already posted so have a read through. Larnie's and my husband are in the building/engineering sector. Tell us a little about yourself and your wife, i think i might become her very good friend as i love lebanese food.

OMG BC wont that be just brilliant if hubby gets the job in AA, it wont know whats hit it when we all get together. Can you tell us any more??

PS Kiwi is a nickname for a New Zealander, Joe.
Sorry, what does it mean "OMG BC" ?
Old Jul 11th 2007, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

I am so sorry Joe, it is abbreviation for words. OMG is Oh My God and BC is Blue Cat. Keep going with posts as you are nearly there for PM, Personal Message.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 12:29 pm
Account Closed

larnie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Joe

OMG BC means Oh my God Blue Cat!!!! I have been living in Al Ain for about 6 weeks now. We are living at the Intercontinenal and are planning to stay here at least for the summer so we have access to the pool and great AC. I've been looking around at accommodation and you can get a 4 bedroom villa for between Dhs60K and Dhs100K depending on quality etc. There are some very nice areas near the hospital. Here is a contact you can make here in AA Mr Malik Ahmed [email protected] a Property Management Company. AA is a very conservative Arab city, very hot but the cost of living is quite low. I'm not sure about schools as our children are grown up.

Regards

Larni

PS: AG I've been out tootling around in my Peugot 307 feeling very proud of myself and I've been going to the gym every day. Determined to drop a few kgs. Just had a wee kip as very hot here today and it just overwhelmed me. How's your visit with the girls going?
Old Jul 11th 2007, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Hello stranger, glad to hear you are out and about and enjoying your driving, i envy you your time in the gym. I will look forward to that myself when i get over. We are welcoming Joe as I think he may be connected with the same project as Richard, I am going to PM him and see. HAve you been looking at villas or just what you have read.

Had a lovely time with the boys yesterday we played mini tennis in the garden and then Daniel came round after school and had tea with us until his Daddy finished work. My back is very very painful today but i didnt want to let my daughter down yesterday as her belly is getting in the way of everything now and lifting a 3 year old out of the bath isnt easy. Her hubby is back tonight though so he can take over, I am picking Ewan up from nursery tomorrow as his parents have to attend a funeral in the afternoon so we will have some tea together and Daniel will come too. I feel so sorry Richard misses out on his time with the boys.

Last edited by Amazing Grace; Jul 11th 2007 at 12:43 pm.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 12:49 pm
Joe
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Amazing Grace
I am so sorry Joe, it is abbreviation for words. OMG is Oh My God and BC is Blue Cat. Keep going with posts as you are nearly there for PM, Personal Message.
AG: thanks for introduction in forum abbrevs ... Joe
Old Jul 11th 2007, 12:59 pm
Joe
Just Joined

Originally Posted by larnie
Hi Joe

OMG BC means Oh my God Blue Cat!!!! I have been living in Al Ain for about 6 weeks now. We are living at the Intercontinenal and are planning to stay here at least for the summer so we have access to the pool and great AC. I've been looking around at accommodation and you can get a 4 bedroom villa for between Dhs60K and Dhs100K depending on quality etc. There are some very nice areas near the hospital. Here is a contact you can make here in AA Mr Malik Ahmed [email protected] a Property Management Company. AA is a very conservative Arab city, very hot but the cost of living is quite low. I'm not sure about schools as our children are grown up.

Regards

Larni

PS: AG I've been out tootling around in my Peugot 307 feeling very proud of myself and I've been going to the gym every day. Determined to drop a few kgs. Just had a wee kip as very hot here today and it just overwhelmed me. How's your visit with the girls going?
many thanks for helping us in the first steps ... Joe
Old Jul 11th 2007, 1:49 pm
Account Closed

No I haven't actually looked at Villas just what I've read. Brian rang me today and said he had gone into a local supermarket to get some lunch and there was an information board with lots of house to let and cars to sel so that's an option too. I will go into a few over the next week and see what inof I can gather.

Just did 45 minutes of fat burn at the gym. Roll on slimness!!
Old Jul 11th 2007, 1:49 pm
Account Closed

No I haven't actually looked at Villas just what I've read. Brian rang me today and said he had gone into a local supermarket to get some lunch and there was an information board with lots of house to let and cars to sel so that's an option too. I will go into a few over the next week and see what inof I can gather.

Just did 45 minutes of fat burn at the gym. Roll on slimness!!
Old Jul 11th 2007, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

So pen and paper at the ready. You are very good in the gym I bet you are now ready for a nice G&T with ice and a slice or chardonnay methinks
Old Jul 11th 2007, 1:58 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Grace has Richard got a Hilton Premium Card?? gives you 20% discount on everything. Tell him to ask reception about one. 750 dhs for a year but worth it.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Will ask him, i think my son in law has a special card he also stays in the hiltons wherever and has airmiles
Old Jul 11th 2007, 2:01 pm
Account Closed

Maybe later. Think we might try and catch up wth Richard tonight to see if we can buy some liquor. That's if Brian gets home on time he was late last night so we didn't make it. I'm actually not very good at the gym I don't ever seem to be able to stick at it long enough to make a differnce. I'm very good at finding excuses not to go but I've been three days in a row thus far so I'm pleased with that. One day at atime
Old Jul 13th 2007, 1:11 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

hi larnie, did you get some vino then! my friend from the Hilton is coming down to us next weekend so it looks like we won't be coming up til the following weekend. Failing that if I get a clear day I might come through for the day
Old Jul 16th 2007, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

Ollie 84 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey guys, I am a recent sociology graduate from aberdeen.

I got offered a job in the International School of Choueifat. Can anyone tell me if 7,000 Dirmhas is enough to live off a month? They are providing accommodation for me.

Thanks.!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.