Living in Al Ain

Old Jul 4th 2007, 8:00 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in Al Ain

well if your two husbands are engineers can you not get my husband a job and then we will all be happy!

it is expatwoman.com not women
Old Jul 4th 2007, 8:37 am
Account Closed

larnie is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband's actually an Architect but same industry. There are heaps of Engineers here though it can't be that difficult to find a job. I know they are short of Architects on this site. Where are you at the moment AC? Are you Scottish?
Old Jul 4th 2007, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Living in Al Ain

Hi Larnie, yes I am Scottish from Glasgow originally. I met my husband when i was 18 when we were both in the Army, married at 19 which was 33 years ago this month, we have two beautiful daughters who have a little boy each and our youngest is expecting another little boy early September so we are well on the way to our very own Touch Rugby team

At the moment though I am at home in our house in Chester, UK. I hope it wont be too long before i am with my husband long term which is a very long story we can have over a coffee hopefully sometime. I would love to come over to AA for a visit but with this being a very new contract the priority at the moment is work but let keep our fingers crossed it wont be too long
Old Jul 4th 2007, 9:12 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

my husband is from Glasgow!
Old Jul 4th 2007, 9:13 am
Account Closed

My real name is Moraig. My parents are from Selkirk and Galashiels emigrated to NZ when Mum was pregnant with me. I've visited Scotland once but now that we are so much closer we are hoping to do a lot more travel. I love the Scots they are such warm and lovely people. Looking forward to meeting you too.

PS Larnie was my beloved Golden Lab Retriever who passed away in January 2006. She was a big part of my life but her passing gave us the freedom we have now. I have two boys. Sam is 27 and living in Japan with his partner of 9 years and Josh is 22 and we had to kick him out of home so we could come here. he is doing really well though!
Old Jul 4th 2007, 9:15 am
Account Closed

Wow all these things in comon already and we haven't even met.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 9:18 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by larnie
Wow all these things in comon already and we haven't even met.
I am definately going to come up in August so we can meet up!!
Old Jul 4th 2007, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Wow this is getting really spooky, its destiny we are meant to meet. I was born and brought up in Glasgow, Shawlands, Pollokshaws to be precise. I am Grace but there was another Grace on the website when i registered so Amazing Grace it is but my friends call me Grace or anything they want but dont call me late for dinner Where in Glasgow is your hubby from BC? I am hoping you are not feeling so isolated now Larnie talking to others with lots in common. Expat life is a great life and you will meet lots of lovely people who will become very good friends for life. Take Care
Old Jul 4th 2007, 9:28 am
Account Closed

Cool!!
Old Jul 4th 2007, 9:30 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Amazing Grace
Wow this is getting really spooky, its destiny we are meant to meet. I was born and brought up in Glasgow, Shawlands, Pollokshaws to be precise. I am Grace but there was another Grace on the website when i registered so Amazing Grace it is but my friends call me Grace or anything they want but dont call me late for dinner Where in Glasgow is your hubby from BC? I am hoping you are not feeling so isolated now Larnie talking to others with lots in common. Expat life is a great life and you will meet lots of lovely people who will become very good friends for life. Take Care
my hubby is from Erskine. Yes it is a small word and this seems like fate! my cousin is called Grace! Well it will be great when you two get together.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 2:24 pm
Account Closed

Well the Intercon aren't willing to negotiate on the rate for the suite we are in so I had a look at the Rotana but that was about twice the rate. I dropped off at the Hilton on the way home and had a look at their chalets. They are an option but still a lot of money for what you get so I'm thinking it's probably more cost effective to rent a Villa or Apartment and just furnish it with stuff from IKEA and then just sell it if we leave. Can anyone direct me to a Property Management Company who handles rentals in Al Ain. I have one contact Altesco bur could do with some mre options.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 2:40 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by larnie
Well the Intercon aren't willing to negotiate on the rate for the suite we are in so I had a look at the Rotana but that was about twice the rate. I dropped off at the Hilton on the way home and had a look at their chalets. They are an option but still a lot of money for what you get so I'm thinking it's probably more cost effective to rent a Villa or Apartment and just furnish it with stuff from IKEA and then just sell it if we leave. Can anyone direct me to a Property Management Company who handles rentals in Al Ain. I have one contact Altesco bur could do with some mre options.
hiya Larnie,I aint got a clue. Try the Gulf News Classifieds or ask that Lady you met the other day, she might be able to help. I saw some furnished apartments on the road near that mall near the Hilton, the one with the ice rink in it. Might be worth driving around and keeping an eye out for to let signs.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 2:52 am
Just Joined

Nada is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Re: Living in Al Ain

Hi,
I am new to this forum...and was wondering if anyone could help me...
My husband and I and our 3 kids (7,8 and 1 yr old)will be relocating to AL Ain from Canada in August, My husband will be working at Tawaam Hospital he is a dentist, and I have no idea what so ever about housing there, how much rent is for a 3 or 4bedroom villa or a nice condo in a clean and nice building,. I am very nervous about the move...
How are schools there? Is Choeifat a good school?or the AAESS? I am trying to find out as much as I can online, but am not getting enough information.
I would really appreciate some advice..
Thank you

Nada
Old Jul 9th 2007, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nada
Hi,
I am new to this forum...and was wondering if anyone could help me...
My husband and I and our 3 kids (7,8 and 1 yr old)will be relocating to AL Ain from Canada in August, My husband will be working at Tawaam Hospital he is a dentist, and I have no idea what so ever about housing there, how much rent is for a 3 or 4bedroom villa or a nice condo in a clean and nice building,. I am very nervous about the move...
How are schools there? Is Choeifat a good school?or the AAESS? I am trying to find out as much as I can online, but am not getting enough information.
I would really appreciate some advice..
Thank you

Nada
Hi Nada

Welcom to BE. You hve nothing to fear although I know exactly how you are feeling. My husband works at Al Ain Hospital and has been there for just a week now. He is in the engineering side of things though not medical or dental. I have been looking for accommodation through the www, it hasnt been easy as there doesnt seem many places with available websites. I did find a website for a compound called Oyoun Village which has villas with swimming pool and gym etc. I cant find out how much they are to rent etc but on the website there is a telephone number; another place is called Al Andalus. Is your husband being employed direct by the hospital or through the management company of the hospital (if there is one) as accommodation should be part of your package. On arrival in a lot of cases people normally stay in a hotel for a couple of weeks and have a good search around.

I have not heard a bad thing about Al Ain and through this site my husband and Larnie and her husband met last weekend for dinner and had a lovely weekend. My children are grown and have there own children so I am afraid from here I cannot help you with schooling. If you log on to www.expatwoman.com where you will find ladies who will be able to give you information about schooling.

Dont worry you will be fine and I know for sure that through school with the children you will soon make lots of friends. If you have any questions and I can help please shout
Old Jul 9th 2007, 9:28 am
Account Closed

The Al Andalus is very nice and is very conveniently located behind the Al Ain Mall and 2 minutes drive from the town centre. The hosptial is only about 10-15 mins drive from here. I had a drive around it yesterday hoping to see a contact number or someting like that. I do have a number and email you could try for a PM company here which you could try. Apparently this guy is quite good to deal with. I am driving now and going out each day to try to familiarise myself with the place so if I see any To Let signs on nice buildings I will take note for you guys. They are not very internet savy here so there is not much on the www. The classifieds in The Gulf News are quite good too. Have your tried www.realestateacm.4t.com as it appears reguarly in property ads. We have decided not to persue the accommodation thing and just stay here at the Intercon. My husband doesn't want to have to buy furniture etc as he wants to be free to take up another offer after this without any ties. Here's details of PM company for you guys.

Suri PaleriProperty Manager
Asteco Property Management LLC-Al Ain
P.O.Box 14443
Mob: +971 50 5517002
Tel: +971 3 7666097
Fax: +971 3 7666092
E-mail:
[email protected]
Websilte: www.asteco.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.