Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Lifestyle in Aqaba, Jordan

Lifestyle in Aqaba, Jordan

Old Jun 11th 2005, 11:31 pm
trout pout

looselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Lifestyle in Aqaba, Jordan

Originally Posted by andrewpops
Jordan is safe with the same risks as many other countries, the biggest risks are crazy Jordanian driving (to be seen to be believed), death by over eating (Jordanians insist on stuffing you full of food) and Arabic hospitality which can drain hours out of your day

The internal security services here know pretty much everything that goes on and armed police are pretty much everywhere. As a poster here stated, you need to make sure where not to go but these are very limited places.

Its a great place, everyone should experience Jordan once in their life.

Now, I must be truly special as nobody has admitted to being an ex pat in Amman - therefore I am unique!!!

Enjoy

Andrew
Thanks Andrew and also TA5!
I am going to keep pursuing this trip!
Old Jul 1st 2005, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all
Default Re: Lifestyle in Aqaba, Jordan

Hello,
I am Jordanian, I would say Aqaba is lovely place , with a free duty you can buy things really cheap, but you should also know that aqaba is a small city with not much to find if your looking for the British way of fun, one more thing is that it can be very hot in summers but has a lovely red sea shore.
But if you can go to Amman you can find almost everything, and I think Amman is nicer than Dubai. Safety is not an issue in Jordan its much more safer than the UK even for British and Americans.
hopes this helps.